Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Looking for budget headsets for PC

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Acura_Max

Hi everyone! I'm looking to doing some talking to people on internet. Anyone have any recommendations for a headset that costs less than $90 and does not sound too terrible?

So far, my research into the topic has me looking at the HyperX Cloud Stinger at $50. I'm considering it because it looks pretty nice, is affordable, and works with my PS4 (which is a nice bonus). The reviews for this say that it is a pretty good budget for those looking for an entry set. Has anyone used this headset? If so how does it sound?

Edit: I should also add that I want to use the headset to play Dota 2 and Overwatch, mainly Dota 2.

DukeKaboom89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

For about the same price I would go for the hyper x cloud alpha’s or the cloud 2 as you can get 7.1 surround with the cloud 2’s both good headsets though!

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Franstone

I was going to suggest the Stinger since I've seen that on multiple "best budget headset" lists online. I've seen the Corsair HS50 in such lists as well which is about the same price. Of the two the Corsair looks like it might have a better build quality, less "plasticy" looking and has a removable mic. I tried the Corsair Void Pro on at a BestBuy and they were pretty comfortable but super light/cheap feeling. All three of those in the $50-$60 range.
    The HyperX line is pretty good overall. I have the Cloud II and the Revolver S which are nice but are in the $100-$150 range respectively. Pretty sure all of these will only work in stereo on a console as well.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@franstone: That's another good suggestion. With a removable mic, I could use it for more than just gaming at home.

@ste89: I wish I could get the HyperX Cloud Alpha or Cloud II but they're a bit out of my budget if Amazon is the lowest price. I would get it in a heart beat if you can find good price on it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Eurobum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acura_max: The sound is not that important, any of the bigger will sound much better than ear-buds. So comfort is the deciding factor, there is only one right choice: "behind- the-ear" phones. Ear muffs are uselessly hot, disgustingly unhygienic and prone to breakage due to the massive weight (drop them once...), popular over the ear 70's-style phones/Beats-style press down to much on the cartillage. Behold the pinnacle of engineering in the picture below: It is absolute best shape and completely indestructible to boot, having a light weight and no sliders to adjust ... and break, they can never really fall down. They too will hurt after a couple of hours pinching the ears, which is a good indication to take a break anyway. And you can even listen to them laying on your back. Headphone hair, what's that?

Also, anything gaming branded is just stupidity tax. Avoid all 5.1/7.1/2.1 nonsense, to dodge a cabling nightmare among other things.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.