Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

InWin ALICE PC Case

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Poll InWin ALICE PC Case (1 votes)

Sure, PC cases for inexpeive rigs are too expisvies...give me something sturdy that is injection modeld plastic 100%
    Nope, my $65 CPU potato PC must be in a $30, metal case painted black. 0%
    Results please 0%

I meant to bring this up when CES was happening, but I forgot. What do you folks think if the InWin cases they showed off call ALICE?

What is ALICE:
    They are mid tower cases in terms of size and shape. Where they differ is they are mostly frames of lightweight ABS plastic with only two metal panels to hold the mobo and drives. The ABS plastic come in multiple colors. Aside from the innovative use of ABS the sides are made of fabric. The fabrics is printed "stretchy" cotton jersey material often imprinted with a design. The color of teh ABS and the fabric might be the same or nicely contrasting. InWin plans to sell an array of covers with various prints. These covers are designed to be dust-proof, but the stretchy jersey material allows for plenty of airflow too.

While likely not very cheap now, I could see a time where cases like this, made of ABS, might be lower than that of any metal case. More resistant to drops, impossible to dent, no sharp edges, and with superior cooling seems like an attractive option. Moreover, while InWin is sowing a simple rectangular ATX shape, there si no reason why these cases could not be spheres, polygons, or any shape that would still allow for an ATX layout to fit.

No Caption Provided

• 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.