Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

help setting up TV as monitor

deaux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By deaux
    You are probably experiencing overscan; this happens most of the time when you hook a PC up to a TV.   Nvidia forceware drivers are SUPPOSED to help you fix this, but I've hear d of people having trouble.  You might look into Powerstrip, which a lot of people have had success with.  It doesn't work with all cards, however.

I also have a 27" Samsung CRT HDTV -- it's probably the model that they made before yours b/c mine doesn't have HDMI.  One of the odd things about my TV (and maybe yours too) is that it only supports 480p and 1080i.  Look in your manual to see which HD resolutions are supported, and make sure you're selecting one of those in the Nvidia TV setup wizard.
    Hope that helps.

Because this is a common problem, you will probably get more and better advice elsewhere, like on the Nvidia forums.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.