Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Best platfom games on PC

Lady_Jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello! I wonder if you know any really good, gripping platform games on PC? Not easy one. I love the climate of platform games and like to play them in my sparetime. Perhaps you can recommend me sth? Thank you :)

retrometal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Do you use Steam?

If so I would use the filters and put in like "platformer" and maybe "metriodvania" and see what results you get. There are a ton of great platformers on the PC.

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are some of my favorite platformers on Steam that are quite challenging:

• Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
    • Super Meat Boy
    • Guacamelee
    • Shovel Knight
    • Hollow Knight
    • Battleblock Theater
    • Owlboy
    • Braid
    • Rogue Legacy
    • Spelunky
    • 1001 Spikes
    • VVVVVV
    • Rayman Legends
    • Rayman Origins
    • Cave Story
    trotoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dustforce is one of my favorite games ever. It has a great flow and lots of advanced techniques and it has leaderboards with viewable replays so you can pick up tips on how to improve your times. N++ is on Steam now as well. I didn't stick with it as long as previous N games, but if you haven't played any of them, then it's a great choice.

Lady_Jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't use Steam but I've heard about it of course. I used to download new games and play them on my PC without logging to any platform. But I will check it. Do I have to pay there? Thank you for your response.

Lady_Jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trotoise: @rikiguitarist:Thank you! I will try them.:) Especially Dustforce. By the way, is it possible to record games on Steam? I like to record my favourites :D

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_jo: Steam the program itself is completely free. The only things you have to pay for are the games themselves. Steam has live streaming and screenshot functionality built in, but it doesn't have local video recording. Steam has refunds for any games sold on it. As long as you don't play a game for more than 2 hours, you can request a refund.

If you want to record locally, you could download something like OBS Studio and save videos to your hard drive.

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, just a heads up. A lot of indie games are also sold directly from the developer or publisher. So you don't always have to buy them from a third party platform or seller. Just Google a game's name, and their homepage will let you order from them directly, if they're selling it.

trotoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_jo:You can get Dustforce from humble store or gog if you want a DRM free version that doesn't need a launcher like Steam. I agree with Riki about OBS for recording.

Lady_Jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know I need a game recorder to record locally. ;) I tried OBS some time ago. It was not bad but it did not support lossless AVI recording and I needed a good quality to my video editing. Perhaps they already fixed it I don't know. Recently I've come across a nice game recorder that suits me and has actually everything what I need. Thank you all for your help. If you encounter any nice platfomers just let me know!

Lady_Jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rikiguitarist: Thank you for Rayman Legends and Origins suggestion! I love it and already know it by heart :) <3

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Dray2k

@lady_jo: You have played Super Meat Boy (which is linear, like Super Mario) and FEZ (which is more open-world like where you can choose where you want to go next) I presume?

Most platformes are available on consoles also, mind you. A lot of indie platformers came from Kickstarter campaigns and they usually promised to port their games on the console also. Making it difficult to make out a PC exclusive platformer that you would like.

Unfortunately, PC people don't have a game similar to Mario (not if you consider a game like Superfrog which is also a tiny bit like Sonic). But we have something that actually plays and feels kinda like Sonic the Hedgehog, which is a game called Freedom Planet (also on consoles, but its nice that its on PC also).

I'd say the very best platformer on PC is still "The New Satan Sam", which is a freeware game by the same person who made Really Big Sky. Its a mix of the best PC games from mixed with Mario. Unfortunately it has shooting in it but in a extremly platformery way. Its still a very Platformery game and even if its fast paced, I'm pretty sure you will like it. The controls are a little bit different than your usual Platformers also, it takes a few hours to get accostumed to them.

Since its free to download and play since it was made by one guy just for fun (its hard as nails), heres a link: https://archive.org/details/The_New_Satan_Sam

cnet also has one available but I think they do this "downloader .exe" thing that sucks hard so just download it from the archive link.

Have a nice Friday.

EDIT: I completly forgot about DustforceDX but its more like a extreme precise platformer that if you want to play it "well" your timing has to be about frame perfect. Rayman Origins is a neat game also that others suggested already, though its available to consoles as well.

Lady_Jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh dear!!! Sonic the Hedgehog!!! How could I forget it! I feel like a little girl now! That's why I love retro games. <3 I will check Freedom Planet! :)

Have a great Friday too!

agenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Here are some of my favorite platformers on Steam that are quite challenging:

• Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition

Want to second a million times Ori. Not only is the platforming great, the art and soundtrack are as well. Great game overall!

applegong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Broforce!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.