Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2014

Concept »

The fifth annual PAX East took place April 11-13, 2014 at the Boston Exhibition & Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts.

Where you staying?

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

Me being my lazy self, I have yet to get a room and because of that I'm looking at a hefty price if I want to stay in range of the convention center. Where's everyone else staying?

grabbizle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll be able to room with other Giant Bombers, or 'duders' as I've been told. Also, didn't know it was the 10th annual PAX EAST. This ought to be a good one to attend!

BreakfastKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a pretty good deal through the pax site for the Loews Boston. I would look for stuff along the subway route to keep away from cab fares.

Avatar image for brewmaster_andy
    Brewmaster_Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Right downtown, not far from the Boston Common.

Turns out while my hotel isn't one of the "official" hotels, it's right nearby a handful of them. Which means I can walk over and grab one of the shuttles PAX offers. I still might grab a subway pass just in case and to freely move about the city.

Maybe check out where those shuttles go and where the subway/bus system goes. It may be out of the immediate Boston area but it could be cheaper and still give you somewhat quick access to downtown and the convention center.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vikingdeath1

In my apartment!

an easy T ride (that's the Boston subway system for you foreigners) on the Red Line to the Silver Line and it's PAX time!

if you're looking for a hotel just make sure it's nearby a T stop and you should be fine.

EDIT: The Silver Line is the one that stops at the convention center, but is a Bus system not a train one, just to clear any confusion (as it confused me quite a bit my first time)

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have friends in Pawtuket, so we'll get to visit them and go to PAX. Two birds, one cup ...or stone...however that saying goes.

Lolzhacked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I luckily live in Boston so in my bed in theory =p

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By EpicSteve

You're fucked. I think all the rooms are taken at this point. I got a room at the Park Plaza, it's 1.75 miles from the convention. I got it with another Bomber. If you want to pay a share and sleep on the floor or get one of those hotel cots, PM me.

Here's the address: 50 Park Plaza at Arlington St.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

You're fucked. I think all the rooms are taken at this point. I got a room at the Park Plaza, it's 1.75 miles from the convention. I got it with another Bomber. If you want to pay a share and sleep on the floor or get one of those hotel cots, PM me.

Here's the address: 50 Park Plaza at Arlington St.

I just happen to be the other Bomber and I am totally okay with this.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cooljammer00

I stayed at the Midtown Hotel because I thought it was decently close and cheaper than the other choices. I was right about the price: it was more affordable than other hotels doing the PAX thing, but I was wrong in that it was actually not that close? As I was walking from the bus station towards the subway, I saw people with PAX badges and bags walking away from me, which meant I was actually walking farther and farther away from the BCEC to get to my hotel. Probably will try to get a closer hotel room next time.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have stayed at the Omni Parker and while it's not real close it's only a 15-20 minute walk and it's in the middle of town and on the freedom trail which is neat when wanting to see the city. I would defiantly stay there again.

Phazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By Phazon

I stayed at the Lenox, which, unbeknownst to me until Friday, housed the Giant Bomb and GameSpot folks! Swank as hell. Fun times were had, that's for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.