Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PAX East 2014

Concept »

The fifth annual PAX East took place April 11-13, 2014 at the Boston Exhibition & Convention Center in Boston, Massachusetts.

PAX East 3 day pass sold out

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By ManMadeGod

Tickets for Pax East 2014 went on sale at around 12:20 EST today. I was in the online queue for the 3 day pass a few minutes after that..... and they sold out while I was waiting.

Time to move the event; they need more space.

Was anyone able to grab PAX East tickets?

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I got dropped from the 3-day queue as well. Ended up with three individual day passes. They should have events in both NYC and Boston at this rate.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By endoworks

I was able to get my 3day passes but some how all the hotel's close got booked and that site has been down all day.... Go figure.

Symon430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought I was pretty on top of things. I was ready and refreshing. As soon as registration was available it seems they were sold out of 3 Day passes.

Site was then locking up and 404'd for me trying to get single day passes... Then I noticed that within an hour they changed the price from $35 for a day pass to $40... Come on now.

Th3irdEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They went on sale closer to 12:05 EST. I clicked the think about 5 seconds after it was posted, got into the queue, and completed my transaction by about 12:10. We have a group of 6 this year and you could only buy 5 passes at a time so a friend got the other pass the same way I did. I knew there would be a mad dash for tickets which is why I had twitter text notifications turned on. You were just a bit too late unfortunately. I do agree they need to move the convention though. That show floor is shoulder to shoulder all day long at this point.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By BisonHero

I took the advice of GB duders in a similar thread made last year that it's super important to follow the PAX twitter account. This was correct!

The PA people gave out the direct link to the ticket booking site, since the PAX site itself was overloaded as fuck. So I was in the queue within a minute of the tweet, and that proved sufficient to get me 3-day passes for myself and two friends. Waiting for the actual PAX site to get its shit in order probably cost a lot of people the chance at getting a 3-day pass.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it people buying that fast? How do they sell out like that? Is the venue that small? This makes me worried for Seattle tickets.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8 chaser324  Moderator

@laserguy: Yes. People buy them insanely fast and the event has outgrown the venue. Apparently PAX Prime tickets sell out even faster.

Th3irdEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Th3irdEye

@laserguy: Last year, Seattle 4 day passes sold out in 10 minutes. All the single day passes were gone within 6 hours. It's worse then PAX East. Good luck, my friend.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's not the size that is the problem. The venue could hold more people if they wanted it to. The reason they don't do four days in Boston is because they can let more people in than in Seattle. I will agree they should sell more three day passes. I wish they would release the numbers on how many three day passes they sell.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laserguy: Mostly it's people buying tickets that quick, the venue is one of the largest in North America, I think Chicago and Orlando have larger convention centers.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Booked my hotel last month and nabbed a 3day pass today, so all is well.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ManMadeGod

@laserguy: Mostly it's people buying tickets that quick, the venue is one of the largest in North America, I think Chicago and Orlando have larger convention centers.

You're right, I just looked it up. Only Chicago and Orlando have larger centers on the east coast. I would be down for a weekend in the windy city.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ManMadeGod

Also - Saturday tickets are low. Get'em while they're hot.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Dalai

I'm glad I got my 3-day badge after the way PAX Prime sold out this year. Unfortunately I couldn't get a hotel room right near the convention center, but I did manage to get the same hotel as last time find a room with somebody else.

By the way, I have room for another duder whoever needs it.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@endoworks said:

You're right, I just looked it up. Only Chicago and Orlando have larger centers on the east coast. I would be down for a weekend in the windy city.

Isn't the Javits Center in NYC larger than Boston? Or am I just doing my unit conversion wrong? (who actually uses hectares anyway?)

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17 chaser324  Moderator

If you're having trouble booking a hotel like I was, try the mobile version of the site. I went straight through without any issues.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By monkeyking1969

Tickets for Pax East 2014 went on sale at around 12:20 EST today. I was in the online queue for the 3 day pass a few minutes after that..... and they sold out while I was waiting.

What it is time for is people who already went to PAX Prime not all to coming here! Have three PAX events in the US: PAX West, PAX East, and PAX Flyover. Then encouraged that people that ALREADY WENT TO PAX in one area to wait two days after tickets go on sale to buy tickets.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vikingdeath1

I found out this morning they had gone on sale, then a couple hours later I found out they had sold out.

SO upset.

At least I got in before the Saturday passes ran out. Those are always the next to go.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By jadegl

Man that stinks. During the first three years my husband and I were always able to get 3 day passes. We were quick to buy, but we never did it the exact same day or whatever. Last year we missed out and went one day. It looks like this year will be the same.

This may sound a little geeky, but it is our special thing to do as a couple and it makes for a great start or end to a vacation week. :)

warchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By warchief

I think the scalpers have caught on that this is a thing. I totally understand the 3 days selling out in a day, but in under an hour?! Also there are people already selling them on ebay saying they have "10 or more".

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadegod: Being from Indiana it would be great if they had a PAX in Chicago, Indianapolis also has a rather large convention center and they already have Gen Con so that would make me really happy :)

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got mine. Took me about an hour to get them. Started at noon. Checked the twitter which is how I ended up getting them last year. Then after going through the queue I managed to get my tickets and then the slow process for the hotel. Got he same hotel as last year since it was very roomy and nice. Plus close to places to eat and drink. But I have friends and family that had to get single day passes. Definitely need a bigger place.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of annoying that i explicitly followed the twitter via SMS and still didn't receive notification passes went on sale...

PAX is kind of a long trip for me so anything short of going all 3 days would be a waste of my time/money. Oh well.

Avatar image for omniscientcajun
    omniscientcajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Myself and my two roommates got ours, through the twitter link. I was in virtual queue for about 30 minutes, then got my single 3-day pass. Traveling up from New Jersey - booked a hotel room as well. Looking forward to it!

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ManMadeGod

@manmadegod said:

What it is time for is people who already went to PAX Prime not all to coming here! Have three PAX events in the US: PAX West, PAX East, and PAX Flyover. Then encouraged that people that ALREADY WENT TO PAX in one area to wait two days after tickets go on sale to buy tickets.

They should limit the 3 day to one per person. I have a feeling the scalpers got hold of a ton of passes due to the 5 per order limit.

@manmadegod said:

@endoworks said:

Isn't the Javits Center in NYC larger than Boston? Or am I just doing my unit conversion wrong? (who actually uses hectares anyway?)

I'm not sure, different websites have different numbers for how much space is available on the show floor.

Kind of annoying that i explicitly followed the twitter via SMS and still didn't receive notification passes went on sale...

PAX is kind of a long trip for me so anything short of going all 3 days would be a waste of my time/money. Oh well.

You can still buy 3 one day passes

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.