Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising is a direct sequel to 2001's hit combat simulation game Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and the expansion pack Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

They took the mission editor out of the console versions!

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Guiltyspark

Thats right , they decided to leave out the mission editor ( placing units , weapons , vehicles on the map and creating custom missions )

This is complete bullshit and if you want to help out there is only a few things you can do

And that is to either go submit your feedback on their forums

Or join the facebook group to show codemasters how important this feature is to the community
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=66817727275&ref=mf

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

Seeing as Operation Flashpoint is as much of a Flashpoint game as FEAR: FILES was a FEAR game I could give a shit less. The actual game you're looking for is Armed Assault 2.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Guiltyspark
    pause422 said:
    "Seeing as Operation Flashpoint is as much of a Flashpoint game as FEAR: FILES was a FEAR game I could give a shit less. The actual game you're looking for is Armed Assault 2."
    that still is no reason to think that this is a good thing , i will be getting arma 2 the second it comes out , but it would be nice if the console community could have an editor
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

They probably only ever had the editor running on PC like a typical map editor.  Not a big surprise to me, but still disappointing.  I actually made some custom missions in Op Flashpoint 1, so I know how not so amazing it was.  I used to love setting up HIND encounters (inspired by Metal Gear Solid), but otherwise it wasn't that great.

I think OpFlash2 will be enough like Operation Flashpoint 1, of course the ArmA guys made the first one, but ArmA was kind of a mess compared to Op Flashpoint 1.  I hope ArmA2 gets a good port to 360/PS3 as well (it's basically annouced, but how good it turns out is in question).

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By iamjohn

Why wouldn't you play this game on PC, anyway?

jon93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By jon93

Don't worry, I'll CONSOLE you.

har har har.

Map editing on consoles never works out anyways.

nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nick69

^
    that's true. I tried doing some map editing on Far Cry 2 on my xbox 360..boy was that a pain in the ass.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Diamond
    @nick69:
    Map editing in most PC games is way harder though.  You wouldn't want to even think of UE3 editing if you can't handle Far Cry 2's nice interface.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud
    @Diamond said:
    " They probably only ever had the editor running on PC like a typical map editor.  Not a big surprise to me, but still disappointing.  I actually made some custom missions in Op Flashpoint 1, so I know how not so amazing it was.  I used to love setting up HIND encounters (inspired by Metal Gear Solid), but otherwise it wasn't that great.I think OpFlash2 will be enough like Operation Flashpoint 1, of course the ArmA guys made the first one, but ArmA was kind of a mess compared to Op Flashpoint 1.  I hope ArmA2 gets a good port to 360/PS3 as well (it's basically annouced, but how good it turns out is in question). "

ArmA just didn't play nearly as well as Flashpoint.  The E3 demo they had of OF2 on gametrailers looked good to me.  I'm excited to play it regardless of who develops it.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By jmrwacko
    @pause422 said:
    " Seeing as Operation Flashpoint is as much of a Flashpoint game as FEAR: FILES was a FEAR game I could give a shit less. The actual game you're looking for is Armed Assault 2. "
    Yeah, if you're looking for an unoptimized, unfinished buggy piece of crap. Reminds me of Empire: Total War, was released wayy too early.
    BAMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BAMoney

I read they were adding it post release.

Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Darksaw
    @Jon93 said:
    " Don't worry, I'll CONSOLE you.har har har.Map editing on consoles never works out anyways. "
    Tell that to the Farcry: Instincts Predator community. Some of the best custom maps I've ever played were on that game.
    PISTOLcm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PISTOLcm

Viva la PC exclusives

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Diamond
    @PISTOLcm said:
    " Viva la PC exclusives "
    Definitely an intelligent and worthwhile addition to the discussion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.