Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising is a direct sequel to 2001's hit combat simulation game Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and the expansion pack Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

flashpoint lag

SolidestChimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidestChimp

is any1 other than me getting bad lag on this game (ps3) been trying to play it all day rly bad online lag and for some reason it keeps saying am from america when am from england o.0

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

...O lawdy.

Sneakybadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Sneakybadger

i have the PC version of the game. I get bad lag (mainly because all the other people who were playing were American) but are you sure the (U.S.A.) thing isn't the team name. cos i get (CHINA) as well 

edit : im from UK

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @SolidestChimp said:
    " is any1 other than me getting bad lag on this game (ps3) been trying to play it all day rly bad online lag and for some reason it keeps saying am from america when am from england o.0 "
    I was getting some lag when playing folks from France, during one game.  Otherwise, it's good.
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

The flags represent teams, not where people are from. And those who buy the console versions are kinda out of luck. This game is barely playable with a gamepad.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CABBAGES
    @JoyfullOFrockets:
    Im playing it fine on the 360. I find it very playable when its not being a big laggy jobby.
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Which right now it is, at least with PC users. Everyone is complaining of lag and it took me half an hour to get into a working game...

It seriously needs dedicated server support.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @JoyfullOFrockets said:

"  This game is barely playable with a gamepad. "

Huh?  Maybe, *you* don't know how to use a gamepad (I've been playing FPSs, since the era of Wolf 3D and it just takes some getting used to).  It's more playable with a gamepad (at least the PS3 one) (EDIT) than SOCOM is playable on the PSP--and SOCOM's controls were great.  Also, in a game with vehicles, joysticks are welcome.
    Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Potter9156

The vehicles lag horribly, but other than the vehicles I haven't experienced much lag. But its impossible too find a game of  Annihilation. At least for me.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Potter9156 said:

" The vehicles lag horribly, but other than the vehicles I haven't experienced much lag. But its impossible too find a game of  Annihilation. At least for me. "

I've mostly played Annihilation and Infiltration.  Sometimes the enemy human players don't order their AI guys to take cover and you get to slaughter them.  It's somewhat funny, but you end up with an impressive K/D ratio. heh.  The lag really depends on the host.  I had plenty of games with lag free vehicle driving: Dirt 2 experience helped me control the truck well--without flipping it over. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.