Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ōkami

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 18, 2006

Ōkami is an action-adventure game in which the goddess Amaterasu restores life and beauty to a world that has been taken over by malevolent beings through the power of celestial calligraphy techniques.

First time playing Okami on PS4

halodude442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Holy mother of zelda dog. This game holds up extremely well and the mechanics are unique as hell even by today's standards. I'm about 6 hours in and halfway through the first proper "dungeon" and this is a lovely experience. I can't believe I never played this back in the day on the PS2. It looks so good and plays so good.

Anybody else playing/planning on playing this for the first time?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I borrowed it from a friend on the Wii years ago and it started painfully slow. I never actually got around to fully diving in because it didn't fit into my schedule, but I'd like to think I'm a little more patient than I used to be. I'll be giving it a try fairly soon on the PC.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nicksmi56

Played it on the PS3 for the first time last year and loved it. One of the very few games that got me to tear up. Gonna try and get my girlfriend into it now that she's finally stepping into the wonderful world of Zelda.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beat it on Wii, but could totally see myself getting into it again. Glad to hear it still holds up, hopefully it goes on sale at some point.

halodude442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_nubster Yeah it starts out real slow but picks up pretty quickly. I'm glad I stuck with it because its great.

Also I found you can use the touchpad on ps4 to draw which is awkward. Cool that they implemented it though

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beat it on the wii originally, and just got it again for the PC on release day. That game really does hold up well. Really cool going back through it again. As others have said, the start is slow, but once you get out of the starting village, the game picks up.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

How does it look? I pre-ordered it and got it for £13 including free next day delivery, but I've been focusing on FF12: HD at the moment. I'm wondering if it looks as stunning as the original looked

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I played to completion during the PS2 era. Bought it again on PS3 and decided to check whether it holds up...

It really does.

halodude442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: It looks fantastic imo, I'm playing on a 4K TV on the Pro and the artstyle and graphics are timeless. I mean theres definitely some parts where the textures show their age, but that ultimately doesn't matter at all while playing the game. Everything about it holds up, the gameplay is just still unique to this day, at least aspects of it. I'm 15 hours in now and its a beautiful journey worth taking for sure.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember reading previews of Okami in GamesTM and I knew I had to own it on release, and so I did. Loved It, instantly became one of my top 10 of all time. Played through some of it on Wii. Bought the HD version of it on ps3 and played to completion again. Such a wonderful magical game. Amzing visuals and even better soundtrack. So much charm

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I think I'd call it one of my favourite games ever, but that being said I remember thinking the final overworld area is very dull, and I thought the final boss was a very boring character compared to how expressive and weird most of the other bosses were. So fair warning on those aspects, but pretty much all of the other parts of the game (overworld, dungeons, characters, towns, visuals, music) are fantastic.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Played it earlier this year. It's great in many ways but as someone with too many games to play unlike when I was a kid, when I had very few choices, it's way too bloated. If this game had come out 1st on systems with some sort of achievement tracking, I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of the least finished games statistically. The combat becomes so tiresome and the celestial brushes are rarely used in very creative ways, which is the biggest disappointment. That said, the story is fucking beautiful and I got a bit teary at the end there, a lot of lovable characters.

It's a hard game to recommend, especially if you're not absolutely committed to finishing them.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any way to change the way the game looks? It seems quite blurry on my TV and changing the filters in the options menu does not seem to change anything. Playing on Xbox One. I am going to be gutted if the motion blur effects are always forced on as I want to play this but the blur that occurs when moving gives me a bit of a headache.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.