Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Pokémon "Stars" in development for Nintendo Switch, Eurogamer reports

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By isomeri

Based on information from"multiple sources", Eurogamer is reporting that a Pokémon game is in development for the Nintendo Switch. Codenamed "Stars", the game would be a mesh of Pokémon Sun and Moon, much in the same way that Pokémon Yellow added and improved on the first two games in the franchise. According to Eurogamer, Pokémon "Stars" is currently slated for a 2017 release.

This might be be the final tick in my "should I buy one of these Switch things" bingo. A triple-punch of Mario, Zelda and Pokémon within the first year of availability would make the Switch the first extremely appealing Nintendo console in my eyes for years.

RickRockmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This Space Jam sequel is just getting crazier, huh

kblosnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would wait for a switch version of pokemon, the slowdowns while playing the 6th gen on my old 3ds bum me out

besides, there's a lot of games coming out and I don't have the money for it now

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I just downloaded Pokemon Sun and my immediate reaction on reading this news was "I would totally play more Pokemon on a Switch."

Help.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. I wonder how they alter the dual screen display of a 3DS game to work on the single screen Switch. I guess they have more screen to work with so maybe the UI will look like one of the previous single screen games.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I would wait for a switch version of pokemon, the slowdowns while playing the 6th gen on my old 3ds bum me out

It really bummed me out that the New 3DS didn't help the performance any. At least that isn't the case with Sun & Moon.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not believing it until announced cause i am still waiting for Pokemon Z that everyone was sure was coming out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.