Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed Rivals

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

A cross-gen open-world driving game set in a fictional Redview County.

NFS Rivals worth buying?

TheRookie727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So yeah the title says it all, the game is currently on sale on origin so you know why not. Thanks for the answers!

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

On sale for how much? Personally, I thought it was very underwhelming. The driving model is fun and feels pretty good, but the way the game is set up leaves a lot to be desired. There are only 6 people allowed on what is a pretty huge map, and setting up races or other events with other people is basically impossible. Much of the game is built around multiplayer, yet it doesn't do nearly enough to try and actually get that stuff to work the way it was intended. It would've been a much more exciting game if the player count was even just doubled, because the rare occasion of chasing down another person as a cop or escaping from one is thrilling, and its risk/reward system with experience is interesting.

If it's cheap enough, then go for it. It's alright for a little while, but I wouldn't expect to get a whole lot out of it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By csl316

I had a great time with it. Online wasn't all it could be, but at this point it's probably not active, anyway.

It's a lot of fun.

TheRookie727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I played it on PS4 last year and kind of liked it. The cops game is kind of fun. When playing the racer side the cops just are kind of in the way. But if you've played Most Wanted and liked it, it's more stuff like that. The story they try to tell is dumb.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I thought it was kind of boring, but I guess depending on how much you enjoy driving games, your mileage may vary(seewhatididthere). Also, the way it turns the radio off and plays generic score ANYTIME you get into a car chase is the worst. As dumb as it may seem, that actually totally jacked the game up for me. Nothing felt as exciting as it should, and nothing felt like it flowed well. I realize that it is a completely personal pet peeve, though.

TheRookie727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright thanks for the responses you guys, I think I'll hold off for now.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I guess I'm here late but I totally think it's worth 25 bucks, especially if you have someone to play with. Real arcadey, but very satisfying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.