Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NBA 2K14

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 01, 2013

The fifteenth installment of 2K Sports' basketball sim arrives just in time for the 2013-14 NBA season.

Anyone Pre-order this for PC?

TheMor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The pre-orders for 2k14 were up on GMG and Amazon days before launch (today). We got issued steam codes yesterday.... But the game still isn't on steam (no store page at all) and people who preordered still cant download the game. This makes me sad inside.

Anyone else have this happen?

TheMor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UPDATE: Apparently Steam doesn't update until 1PM EST. That's when 2K14 appeared on the Steam store and I could download. Abort disaster plan. I can tell that millions of people were worried about this.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

@themor: Yeah, NBA 2K games have historically gone up on Steam super late.

I'd be very interested in your thoughts on the PC port if you ever have the time. There's always been a reason the PC version launches at $40, so I didn't preorder. Waiting to see if it's a decent version this year.

Edit: Sorry, meant $30.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravelle

I'm playing it at the moment.

It's pretty much the same as 2K13, graphics look still outdated and while the the textures in general being fine when playing, character models in menu's and in creation mode are super low (hair looks like a paint-on) it's as if you're playing a game from 10 years back.

The gameplay has improved a little and doesn't feel too robotic anymore, still no tutorial or basic training and you're thrown in to the deep with no knowledge of the buttons or what you should do and when not which makes it hard to get in to for people who haven't played the series yet, not knowing how the mechanics and rules work results in bad player scores and can get very frustrating. The menu system is still a messy thing.

I guess that " Next Gen" Lebron trailer was only about the PS4 version which will have a complete new engine?

cb1115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ravelle: Yeah, this is what the next-gen version looks like:

Loading Video...

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I wan't it for my Ps4.

TheMor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjweatherman: As mentioned above, it seems like the 360/ps3 version ported. At least it's not buggy and crashing. It all seems to work great. Really unfortunate that they didn't take advantage of the PS4/One versions being made and gave the PC folks the good looking one. God forbid the PC crowd gets a Next Gen title before the PS4 does.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ArtisanBreads

How I wish they would just release the next gen version on PC. Such BS.

I've liked the PC versions a lot as they've been at a reduced price and I don't care about multi, plus I get modded players and teams and stuff.

It sucks too because the snippet of next gen looks really nice.

smithjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing it on Pc is better because it enhances the playing experience of the game and has no limit player points at all. Have it while it lasts as promo sale.. i enjoyed it totally!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10 chaser324  Moderator

@themor said:

@jjweatherman: God forbid the PC crowd gets a Next Gen title before the PS4 does.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. PC has just always been an afterthought on these 2K Sports games, and it was probably easier to just build on last year's port of 2K13 and focus on doing their new build on the consoles which will probably be their primary focus for the foreseeable future.

TheMor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheMor

@themor said:

@jjweatherman: God forbid the PC crowd gets a Next Gen title before the PS4 does.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. PC has just always been an afterthought on these 2K Sports games, and it was probably easier to just build on last year's port of 2K13 and focus on doing their new build on the consoles which will probably be their primary focus for the foreseeable future.

You're probably right. I am just being bitchy because I want the "next gen" 2k and now I know I'll have to buy a PS4 for it. sigh.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@themor said:

@chaser324 said:

@themor said:

You're probably right. I am just being bitchy because I want the "next gen" 2k and now I know I'll have to buy a PS4 for it. sigh.

I'm there with you. I want to just stay PC but if 2K is good on console it will be tempting. I have been interested in Madden too as I skipped the last couple years. Both looked nice from what they showed.

I think we will probably get the next gen version next year. I do like playing on PC most because it's cheaper, I don't really play multi anyways, and you can add in teams and players with mods.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By unsolvedparadox

@themor said:

@chaser324 said:

@themor said:

Or, an Xbox One!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.