Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NBA 2K11

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

2K's long-running basketball simulator is back for another season with Michael Jordan as their cover athlete.

Specific ISO-Motion and shooting controls

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By JJWeatherman

I was browsing the internet for a while trying to find specific instructions on exactly how to execute all the new moves in NBA 2K11. Thanks to YouTube and the 2K forums, I've struck gold. If you want to start learning moves before the game is out, just replay the demo a bunch of times and test out all these moves: 

ISO-Motion controls

No Caption Provided

Shot controls

No Caption Provided
    I posted this video in my blog about 2K11, but lets keep everything together: 

So alright. If you're as crazy as me, you'll have mastered all this stuff by the games release. :P 

I'll post more if I find it.
    yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By yevinorion

Awesome post man, thanks so much for all this info!

jjbiggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jjbiggs

Thanks man. There is a lot to this game, and the instructions are pretty weak for giving out info.

myslead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By myslead

for a newcomer to the serie 
    this is waaay overwhelming ahah

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

How did I miss this thread? Good looking out, dude. From what I read, it all works so much more fluidly than last year's game, which is great to know. It looks so much better. I can't wait until I actually get the game. I just hope 360 dunks are easier to pull off this time. Also, I want to be able to throw the ball off the backboard to alley-oop to the teammate behind me. You almost can in 2K10, but even if you set it up perfectly, your teammate will never actually catch and dunk the ball.

myslead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By myslead
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " How did I miss this thread? Good looking out, dude. From what I read, it all works so much more fluidly than last year's game, which is great to know. It looks so much better. I can't wait until I actually get the game. I just hope 360 dunks are easier to pull off this time. Also, I want to be able to throw the ball off the backboard to alley-oop to the teammate behind me. You almost can in 2K10, but even if you set it up perfectly, your teammate will never actually catch and dunk the ball. "
    i did a couple of alley-oops via the board and it works perfectly 

and the spin dunks are pretty easy to pull off
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @myslead:  Totally awesome. This is very good news.
    quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By quinistheman

I'm a little late to the party but I appreciate this post. There is a lot to learn. Guess I better start working on it.

Also, can someone tell me how to do a bounce pass?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @quinistheman: I'm pretty sure the game will automatically choose the best pass for the situation. It would be really nice to be able to choose when to bounce pass, but there're only so many buttons on a controller.
    quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By quinistheman

Thanks. Guess it doesn't really matter since I've got plenty of other things I still need to learn how to do.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By lead_farmer
    @JJWeatherman: I know this is late as hell, but how do you draw a foul after a pump-fake?  Do players just do that or can you control it?
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @lead_farmer said:

" @JJWeatherman: I know this is late as hell, but how do you draw a foul after a pump-fake?  Do players just do that or can you control it? "

It's kind of a random thing. You just have to pump fake and have them jump, then time it right going back up. In previous games there was a way to lean in after a pumpfake, but I never do that. According to that chart above though, maybe try holding the left trigger and pump faking. It says before you're done pump faking, move the right stick again and it'll do an up and under move. Not sure if that'll work on jumpers. You could give it a try.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.