Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 18, 2017

An action role-playing game published by Capcom for the Nintendo Switch and 3DS. Is the upgraded version of Monster Hunter X/Generations for the 3DS.

Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ripelivejam

http://nintendoeverything.com/monster-hunter-xx-coming-to-switch/

Switch purchase vindicated.

Pretty self explanatory, but thought I'd share with those who weren't in the know here.

Not technically a new game, but the fact they're going in on the Switch with the next Monster Hunter title is good new indeed. I suppose it was inevitable, but it's nice to hear something concrete.

I am probably not the most qualified to make the thread, but hopefully others can pick up the slack.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gerrid

I was pleased to see its had a decent visual upgrade, although the character faces look pretty wild.

it seems like from the trailer, it's crossplay/cross save with the 3ds version. so from that I assume the game is mechanically identical, which is kind of a shame since it's a missed opportunity for some QoL improvements. but still, really cool.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nice to see them switching things up. And I'm also glad I skipped generations now. It'll still feel like a new game to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've always wanted to give Monster Hunter a shot, but being out of the Nintendo eco system so long, and the portable one even longer, the hype levels are that of a new game for me. Just hope it'll be in English.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally I might be able to enjoy a Monster Hunter game again. Last time I got into the series was Tri.

It has always bummed me out that despite the series' massive success they couldn't even be bothered to do console ports most of the time. These games are so much better suited for consoles. Especially nowadays when even Nintendo has reasonably decent online.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

That's cool, and a good first step.

After getting into Monster Hunter heavily with MH4U and even going back to some earlier ones I wasn't really feeling Cross. The Switch Axe aerial style I rolled with made the single player sort of a cakewalk and all the old levels felt a little flat compared to 4. I was definitely gonna skip Double Cross but a Switch version? That I might have to support.

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mezza said:

Nice to see them switchingthings up. And I'm also glad I skipped generations now. It'll still feel like a new game to me.

That's some good stuff right there.

OT: I hope it doesn't take 7-8 months for the localized version to show up. I'd buy a switch in an instant for this game (and for MH5, whenever the hell that comes out.)

GnosisLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GnosisLord
    @zeik said:

It has always bummed me out that despite the series' massive success they couldn't even be bothered to do console ports most of the time. These games are so much better suited for consoles. Especially nowadays when even Nintendo has reasonably decent online.

The series only had massive success on handhelds. Back when they did console ports, those never sold well.

However, I'd much rather play on a console. Sounds like I have a reason to buy a Switch.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Nice! The first big get for Nintendo of many hopefully to come.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

So this series is coming back to the big screen now. Cool!

I bought Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on 3DS but never really played it much because the game just feels cramped on the handheld. If I ever get a Switch - and I probably will some day, it seems like there's some good stuff in the pipeline for that thing - I'll probably finally give this series a real shot.

tgjessie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's cool. It's just a shame that Generations was so lackluster (IMO).

I just want some kind of MH4U2, which... isn't going to happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.