Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Search and Destroy Tips and Tricks

dboyz692002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dboyz692002

I need help with search and destroy. I'm good at the game i guess you can say, but i want to be great. Should I do core or hardcore? What classes should I use, perks, equipment etc.? Just wanting to know how to do all the small things right.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

Search and Destroy has a massive difference on whether it is Core or Hardcore. I'm not very good at Core, but I can tell you a bit about Hardcore:

• Perks and equipment are entirely up to you. Obviously whilst I'm helping you, I can't judge your playstyle, your accuracy, etc. I play with the pre-built class 'First Recon' but I know a dude who plays an ACR with heartbeat sensor and ACOG.
    • Unlike some of the game, Hardcore Search and Destroy can easily have some good tactics on it. It's all about finding out what your enemy is doing, and getting rid of it. Marking out key areas of crossfire is a great way to play, and it's even better when you know when the crossfire normally occurs (for example, in Skidrow, down the tunnel there's normally an enemy or two who pop up round there)
    • Construct a few routes of your own, which either utilise areas of crossfire, or do the exact opposite
    • When I say the exact opposite, a great way of dispatching enemies is by outflanking them. Getting behind an enemy is an easy way to get rid of them-it'll only be around halfway through each round before they'll watch their back.
    • With that in mind, be sure to watch your own.
    • If you are killed, chances are the enemy will follow that same path. If you have a cry for vengeance, you can attack, but be weary. The enemy may know this and camp at an area where you'll be an easy target. A good idea as to make a perimeter around that area, so you can find him, like a fox hunting a rabbit.

I believe in you. :P
    s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By s7evn
    • stealth>power, since IW made it so KS can be used you want to stay undetected.
    • the game mode works best when you work with a team of people that you've played a lot with. 
    • Team work is key, so that you don't get flanked. 
    • Learn the maps and shortcuts through them. 
    • Hardcore is more difficult (if you're seen, you're pretty much dead). 
    • Use an AR or SMG
    • Planting the bomb = Higher chance of success
    • When defending don't push too hard.
    • Camping while defending is a more legitimate strategy in S&D than in any other game mode (it's useless in other modes unless you are a kill whore).
    • Camping on attack is the worst thing you can do.

That about sums up what I got for you. I suggest moving to CoD4 though if you want a better S&D experience (Promod>MW2)
    dboyz692002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dboyz692002

well which is better core or hardcore, and do you still get the same amount of points, because i know that in core you get like 1100 or more for a headshot, which is awesome.

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Ben99
    @dboyz692002 said:
    " well which is better core or hardcore, and do you still get the same amount of points, because i know that in core you get like 1100 or more for a headshot, which is awesome. "
    from what I read you don't seem to be all knowing about S&D . So I suggest you stick to core for a Long while before you advance to the next level . 
    Now when you play make sure you have a shotgun as a secondary weapon (preferably spas-12) 
    Always have a claymore and plant it near the bomb .
     It doesn't matter whether you're defending or attacking , always move up ahead in the map .You may get killed but it will give some ideas on how to flank your enemy . 
    See experienced players and follow their lead .
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By fwylo

Camp ftw.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By xMP44x

Personally, I prefer playing Core in any game mode. The XP earned from doing things is the same, but in Hardcore you may not get as many opportunities to earn points. At the same time though, you can use a wider array of Perks to exterminate your enemies. If I were you'd I would stick to Search and Destroy in the play style you prefer. I'm more of a Core player, but here are some tips, presented in a table for some reason:

Core

• Use weapons you are familiar with. In Core Mode, using weapons you're familiar with is more valuable than in Hardcore IMO.
    • Ensure the perks you use are complimenting you. Stopping Power with an ACR is a good move. 
    • Make sure the attachments are of a benefit. Using the ACOG on the MP5k is not a good example of beneficial attachments.
    • If you are attacking, play more aggressively, but ensure you're not running into ambushes.
    • If defending, ensure you know all the routes to the bomb from your current location should the commander announce "The bomb has been planted!".
    • Bring along a good sidearm. The M93 Raffica and G18 is a good close quarters choice to pick from. So are shotguns. But pick something you like, most importantly.

Hardcore

• Use assault rifles mainly. They have high damage, and are the staple weapons of Hardcore arguably. Something like the SCAR-H is a good start. 
    • Don't try and get a blend of stealth and offence. Pick one style and stick to it. Blending the two isn't good in Hardcore.
    • Trap the bomb. Slapping C4 in an impromptu area by the bomb is a good example. "Bomb Planted" "OLOLOLOLO bomb secured.". It'll clear the area and let you defuse.
    • Play accordingly to the map. Skidrow is not a map for camping, as there are many different routes around the map. Camping one corner opens up several others to the enemy.
    • Pick attachments to make you more offensive as an attacker, and more stealthy if you want instead. Silencers, HBS, etc - Stealth. FMJ, Extended Mags - Offence.

Just a selection of my own ideas and initiatives. No idea if they'll be beneficial, but I hope they are.
    rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By rinkalicous

I use the AA12 as my sidearm in SnD, and yet everyone says use the SPAS-12. is there any reason why I should switch? It seems to me like the aa12 is better in every single way (apart from ammo, but rounds never last long enough for me to run out of ammo anyway). 

Also, as for my tip- be crouching a lot. Crouch-walk round corners if you're not sure what's round there. It makes your footsteps quieter (if you're not already using ninja) your shots more accurate and your aim more stable.

dboyz692002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dboyz692002

i think that the AA12 and the SPAS-12 are almost equal. The AA-12 has the automatic and much quicker, while the SPAS-12 has much greater damage, but you have to reload.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10  Edited By natetodamax

Tip: Don't play Search & Destroy

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

SnD is a crapfest full of noobtubes. Fuck it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.