Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

I just quit TDM and I'll never go back.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jack268

This evening I was thinking that "Hey, MW2, it's been so long! I oughta play some!" So I jumped in and I immediately realised WHY I hadn't played for so long. 7/9 matches were losses, were I was getting gunned down by noob tubes, akimbo shotties and the dreaded akimbo g18's. The unbalanced weapon pissed me off a lot, but what mostly pissed me of was how fucking unintelligent 90% of my goddamn teammates were. In the 2 victories I carried FOUR 5th+ prestigers who had NEGATIVE K/D(We're talking TDM here) one of them even had 4 kills 14 deaths, which I had to make up for because THEY, after putting down over THREE HUNDRED hours into the game, still weren't competent enough to pull their own  weight. And they also just couldn't resist, when there was a predator in the air, to stack up all on me, giving the opponent a multi-kill predator followed instantly by a pave low, and instead of getting indoors to not give the opposing team free kills, they just stood outside while the pavelow went on a tear and ended the game 7500-2900. 1800 out of those 2900 points belonged to my efforts, 800 to a dude who was 8-3 and the other 3 were on the prestigers, one of them didn't even have a kill at the end of the game and had over 10 deaths.

I can bear with a game having balance issues, that can be patched, but I just don't fucking understand how people who have put down 3 times more time with this game still can suck so much. So I'll never ever play TDM again, because then at least maybe I won't have to carry all those noobs. 

Anyone know what the objective lists are like on PC? Do you meet any skilled duders there? Or am I doomed to playing FFA until the dawn of time? This evening also pretty much made me decide that I'll never ever do a day one purchase of a CoD game ever again. I'll wait until the forums have spoken their verdict next time. I could've avoided wasting $60 so easily if I had waited.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jack268

This evening I was thinking that "Hey, MW2, it's been so long! I oughta play some!" So I jumped in and I immediately realised WHY I hadn't played for so long. 7/9 matches were losses, were I was getting gunned down by noob tubes, akimbo shotties and the dreaded akimbo g18's. The unbalanced weapon pissed me off a lot, but what mostly pissed me of was how fucking unintelligent 90% of my goddamn teammates were. In the 2 victories I carried FOUR 5th+ prestigers who had NEGATIVE K/D(We're talking TDM here) one of them even had 4 kills 14 deaths, which I had to make up for because THEY, after putting down over THREE HUNDRED hours into the game, still weren't competent enough to pull their own  weight. And they also just couldn't resist, when there was a predator in the air, to stack up all on me, giving the opponent a multi-kill predator followed instantly by a pave low, and instead of getting indoors to not give the opposing team free kills, they just stood outside while the pavelow went on a tear and ended the game 7500-2900. 1800 out of those 2900 points belonged to my efforts, 800 to a dude who was 8-3 and the other 3 were on the prestigers, one of them didn't even have a kill at the end of the game and had over 10 deaths.

I can bear with a game having balance issues, that can be patched, but I just don't fucking understand how people who have put down 3 times more time with this game still can suck so much. So I'll never ever play TDM again, because then at least maybe I won't have to carry all those noobs. 

Anyone know what the objective lists are like on PC? Do you meet any skilled duders there? Or am I doomed to playing FFA until the dawn of time? This evening also pretty much made me decide that I'll never ever do a day one purchase of a CoD game ever again. I'll wait until the forums have spoken their verdict next time. I could've avoided wasting $60 so easily if I had waited.

OpenWideToSwim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OpenWideToSwim

play snd then no more shitty spawns. Just shitty spawn toobs. and quick scopers, damn you quick scopers

ooofafa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By ooofafa

If you can't beat them, join them

Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Turtlemayor333

For the first part I feel like smart play can usually eliminate dumb deaths to cheap weapons. Very frequently I'll start a game 2/7 only to finish 23/11 because, as you state later, most of the people who play this game are idiots. Tendencies, I suppose.

Teammates are a much more frustrating issue. It isn't even about finding people who are skilled but people who will actually do the objectives, which going into random games, is an extremely rare find. At least in TDM you aren't hurt by the six snipers who think they'll have a sure nuke by camping the bomb spot, territory, etc.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By dbz1995

What console do you play on? If it's PS3, hit me up and we can have a good time.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jack268
    @dbz1995 said:
    " What console do you play on? If it's PS3, hit me up and we can have a good time. "
    I'm on PC unfortunately :( 

@Turtlemayor333 said:
    " For the first part I feel like smart play can usually eliminate dumb deaths to cheap weapons. Very frequently I'll start a game 2/7 only to finish 23/11 because, as you state later, most of the people who play this game are idiots. Tendencies, I suppose.  Teammates are a much more frustrating issue. It isn't even about finding people who are skilled but people who will actually do the objectives, which going into random games, is an extremely rare find. At least in TDM you aren't hurt by the six snipers who think they'll have a sure nuke by camping the bomb spot, territory, etc. "
    Yeah usually I can avoid them by staying at range, but if I get killed once I usually get so horrible respawns that the odds of me dying are bigger than the odds of getting away from them. Doing objectives at least requires you to have an understanding of what is going on in that game type, not even being able to hold down a button and spin(because that'd probably go better than 0-10) is just bad. 

@ooofafa said:
    " If you can't beat them, join them "
    I just feel like a complete douche when I run around with akimbo g18's and everybody is whining, because they could as well have been me. Also my biggest problem are the teammates, not the guns. 

@OpenWideToSwim said:
    " play snd then no more shitty spawns. Just shitty spawn toobs. and quick scopers, damn you quick scopers "
    Hmmmyeah, I don't really like having no respawns each round, but if that's what I gotta do to get rid of this stuff then maybe I will play it.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz

That's why i play battlefield bad company 2 now :)

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

I started playing yesterday on the steam free play weekend and I like it. I like it a lot. I mostly stab people. I have had maybe two or three games bad spawns and cheap deaths. After only six hours I did feel like people who have been playing this game for so long were terrible at it. I think they just brute forced it with time. I am having fun after the first game I play. I have to get through the first game every time I boot it up and I'm good. It's also a good pallet cleanser for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Please don't compare them. They are two totally different experiences.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jack268

Yeah I don't think it's either or in the case of MW2 and BC2. I play them both.

hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hicks91

i totally had this experience 
    luckily i know a few bros into snd from another forum so i rolled pretty deep quite quickly 
    if you want to enjoy mw2 stay away from tdm and ground wars

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

Play mercenary team death match. I always played that in COD 4 and it hasn't failed me in this one yet,

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By DCFGS3

HC HQ is where it's at.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jack268
    @W0lfbl1tzers said:
    " Play mercenary team death match. I always played that in COD 4 and it hasn't failed me in this one yet, "
    That's what I was playing. I never ever played regular TDM. 

@DCFGS3 said:
    " HC HQ is where it's at. "
    Oh right yeah I used to play that before I prestiged, maybe I should get back into it.
    danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By danguy
    @Jack268 said:
    " This evening I was thinking that "Hey, MW2, it's been so long! I oughta play some!" So I jumped in and I immediately realised WHY I hadn't played for so long. 7/9 matches were losses, were I was getting gunned down by noob tubes, akimbo shotties and the dreaded akimbo g18's."
    Akimbo G18's are good? Hahaha...
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By CL60

I'm only first prestige, but some days I go 40-5 and other days I go 7-10. Sometimes people just have bad days.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By CL60
    @DanGuy said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    " This evening I was thinking that "Hey, MW2, it's been so long! I oughta play some!" So I jumped in and I immediately realised WHY I hadn't played for so long. 7/9 matches were losses, were I was getting gunned down by noob tubes, akimbo shotties and the dreaded akimbo g18's."
    Akimbo G18's are good? Hahaha... "
    Have you ever used them? They can kill from pretty far away even if the person is just spraying randomly.
    Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Illmatic

They could be having a bad day but I'm reaching a point with MW2 that I reached with MW1. Team deathmatch just doesn't seem to do it for me as much as it used to. Towards the end of my stint with MW1, I found myself playing hardcore search and destroy way more than a typical team deathmatch. Not only is it a completely different style of play you experience there, its also as close to team work you'll ever get with Modern Warfare's K/D ratio obsessed community and a great way to learn the maps' smaller details and paths.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#18  Edited By sjschmidt93

While I definitely get noob tubed my fare share, I don't find it to be that bad.  

Whenever you're pissed at those kind of guys just make this class: 

(Your Favorite Assault Rifle) w/ Grenade Launcher 
    Thumper  

Scavenger 
    Danger Close  
    This perk really doesn't matter.

It's quite fun for small maps and for things like estate where tubing one into the house almost never doesn't get a kill.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iam3green

i've had this happen. a lot of people don't know how to play the game great. one time playing with my friend i joined while they were searching so i was put in the opposite than my friend. i did the best on my team but lost. i was the closest person that could have went positive. i was like 9 and 11 it is not that bad.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Djeffers03
    @OpenWideToSwim said:
    " play snd then no more shitty spawns. Just shitty spawn toobs. and quick scopers, damn you quick scopers "
    Yeah SnD is a lot less infuriating than other game modes. Quickscopers can be annoying as they think they are better than everyone else but a lot of the time the are shit and you can rape them.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By luce

Oh god..do people even play games for fun anymore? 

Good grief

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60 said:

" @DanGuy said:

" @Jack268 said:
    Have you ever used them? They can kill from pretty far away even if the person is just spraying randomly. "
    They're good, but I don't see why people say they're over-powered.  An assault rifle is MUCH more efficient at taking down an enemy at medium-long range, a shot gun or sub machine gun is better for close in my opinion.  (I'm not trying to attack anyone here, just stating my opinion on the matter.)

Anyways, I played the free demo, and after my 5th kill (I had 4 deaths too) none of which were even head shots, I get called a aimbot hacker by a guy I sniped who was casually strolling in an open field.  Pretty dumb.  Anyways, the game seems to be more fun on PC than 360.  I might pick it up some time.  

And yes, I hate TDM.  When I played on 360 (haven't played in quite some time) I always played demolition.  There seemed to be less idiots there, plus a single good player can play a huge role in winning the game.
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SlightConfuse

I hardly play Tema deathmatch try playing demolition or Searc and destry can't really be idoit in those game types IMO

Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lambert

The problem is they listened to all those 12 year olds on their stupid forums who begged for dual-wielding, nukes, and other stupid ideas.

And what the fuck is a shotgun doing as a secondary weapon. Whoever made that decision should have been fired.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Kyreo
    @Jack268: See... you're still playing regular.  You need to come over to the hardcore side brother.   

No Caption Provided
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Kyreo
    @Djeffers03 said:
    " @OpenWideToSwim said:
    Yeah SnD is a lot less infuriating than other game modes. Quickscopers can be annoying as they think they are better than everyone else but a lot of the time the are shit and you can rape them. "
    Hey, now!  I'm a quickScoper (like 40% of the time) and you gotta respect how hard and equally awesome it is.  Like knife throwing.
    ClownDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ClownDetective

I would rather play on a team that sucked and had fun that a team obsessed with doing well and camped. If you're annoyed with the people you play with go play free for all.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gregomasta

I tried free weekend and realized how spoiled I am in bc2.  Two matches was all it took for me to delete.

danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By danguy
    @CL60 said:

" @DanGuy said:

" @Jack268 said:
    Have you ever used them? They can kill from pretty far away even if the person is just spraying randomly. "

There are better guns. When you shoot them they jump all over the place.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Djeffers03
    @Kyreo: yeah, Im a mediocre quickscoper and I realize it's very hard, thats why im no OpTic Djeffers03. But it does piss me off when SOME people are so elitist. It's quite fun to go into tryhard mode on them and pull a few drop-shots on them.   
    superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By superfriend

You should play with some friends and with voice chat. It makes a huge difference if your friends are at least a little invested in the game. I´ve been playing the free weekend on PC up to lvl 20 or so and most of the games I´ve played were actually ok. For me at least.
    Just a word of warning: Noob tubin´ (toobin?!) seems to be way easier on the PC and as a result a lot of people use it, especially in Sabotage or HQ.
    Not that nobody is using it on 360, but from my experience there´s a lot more grenade tossing and toobin going on on the PC.
    You should also note that not a lot of people on the PC use the built in voice chat. So unless you´re ok with playing tactical stuff in a team of strangers, I suggest you get some people together and use Teamspeak or whatever.

Ulquiorra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ulquiorra

My advice would be to just go and play SnD or Domination. One thing I can't believe is the fact I have never run into a Giant Bomb clan member what's up with that?

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WickedFather

When I prestiged I was staggered by how many stupid selfish pricks don't have a class with a stinger on it.  About 10 games on the trot I was going "Anyone got a stinger they can changed to when they die?" and of course nobody did - what wankers.

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ben99
    @Marz: 
    it's on the shelve gathering dust
    BeefWaterfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BeefWaterfall

I hear you. Sometimes your team mates do the dumbest stuff. I played a game recently where (on Skidrow), 8 of my team mates ran head long , one after another into the video store. I was just watching and seeing skull after skull pop up. The enemy was just hitting that place with bullets and grenades. Why did my guys keep running into there? My favorite is when I see like 5 guys covering one direction. I think to myself, okay...that side is good. Let me cover their back. So I face the other way in case someone tries to flank them and come in from behind. Next thing I know, I get shot from the back. WTF? I watch the kill camera and it looks like an enemy ran in and commando knived all 5 of my guys then pistol shot me in the back of the head. Great. 

But y'know, often times I'm the one giving up a ton of kills to the enemy team as well. 

While I don't stack up on dudes when a Predator Missile is incoming, nor do I run outside when there is air support raining hell down on the field, I'm also not so selfish as to not have a Class ready with Stinger missile, but I do have other flaws. I can't jump and 360 quick scope, I can't hit a guy from a across the map with my Last Stand pistol, I don't have every corner of the map memorized, and I never have host or 4 bars. That being, I play as smart as I can without making the game a job. But sometimes there are just crazy good players on the other side. When I meet them head to head, I lose. I die and give them kills. I can't help it. I refuse to play the game more than a few matches a night or every other night.  

I'm never gonna be as good as some of these other kids are. I just don't play as much as them. But I'm cool with that. The best I've ever done was something like 22 and 9. I've played the game off and on since it came out and that's the best I've ever done. Sad huh? Can't help it though ... that's just how I am. I may do good one game and then in the next game I throw up a 3 and 10 (especially if it's Wasteland or Bail Out). So don't hate me because I suck. I truly couldn't care any less about my KD ratio. Also, sometimes I'm just trying to learn a new weapon. Like lately, I'm trying to get better with the FAL. Until I do, I brick a lot.

Slaneesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Slaneesh

Just jumped into the pc with my buddy (im 6 prestige on xbox). Holy fuck how the general pc player in my area is stupid. Pulled 18:10 on my first pc game ever just running around. I dind´t do good people where just freaking morrons. Holy Shit!

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jmrwacko

OP, you should play with the people on the other team ;-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.