Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

I got a 25 killstreak while I was dead...

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Well, I just wanted to post my short MW2 story. 

Today, I was sniping on the map Afghan. The gametype was a hardcore HQ. I got a 9 killstreak and called in my pavelow (which I recently found out does a hell of alot better than harriers) and as soon as I called it in, the HQ went down and IW decided to make the spawn system spawn everybody on the enemy team in front of the guy with the longest killstreak. So, I died as soon as my pavelow came in. Of course,  the pavelow got a killstreak above 25 while I was dead, so it didn't count towards a nuke. The pavelow ALONE, got over 25...and it didn't count towards a nuke. 

I've learned a few things in this game. One of them was that pavelows can skull-fuck and entire team with no effort, and that IW must really hate me. 

Now, I will await the coolstorybro.jpg.

thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By thejamster

man that is unfortunate i haven't even gotten close to nuke, not that i ever equip it

Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Feser

Cool . . . .
    Liam_mk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Liam_mk

Story....

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sanryd
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " The pavelow ALONE, got over 25... "
    And that's why I don't play MW2 online.
    Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Warfare
    @tdk08 said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    And that's why I don't play MW2 online. "
    No it's not and you know it.
    Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sanryd
    @Warfare said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    No it's not and you know it. "
    Please, tell me what I know. Enlighten me.
    Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Warfare
    @tdk08 said:
    " @Warfare said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    No it's not and you know it. "
    Please, tell me what I know. Enlighten me. "
    Oh you know and that's all you need to know.
    Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
    RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

....bro....

IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By IcySandman
    @tdk08: You were actually born in Bandera Texas, love Tex Mex, and play in a Southern Metal Band.  And your glare turns people into cows.  That is what you know, now set off towards a journey through time and space.

Sucks man that you didn't get the nuke.  Thank goodness for cold-blooded though :D
    Aounslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aounslaught

You were playing Hardcore HQ and people didn't have Cold-Blooded on? That's surprising. But regardless, I feel you, man. When it comes to maps like Afghan or Wasteland where I like to stay behind and snipe people, I almost always see my team rushing their spawn like absolute idiots, and when they're far enough, I get shot in the back because the enemy team starts spawning behind me.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green

ha, that sucks.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By TheGreatGuero

God dang you're hardcore, son! Get 'em!

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @tdk08 said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    Because you're too stupid to use cold-clooded in a hardcore game, where stopping power doesn't effect your weapon that much considering guns are still most likely 1-2 shot kills? Yeah, stupidity is a good reason not to play. If you're trying to blame the game because you're too stupid to use cold-blooded, that's just weak.
    Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sanryd
    @AlwaysAngry said:

" @tdk08 said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:
    Because you're too stupid to use cold-clooded in a hardcore game, where stopping power doesn't effect your weapon that much considering guns are still most likely 1-2 shot kills? Yeah, stupidity is a good reason not to play. If you're trying to blame the game because you're too stupid to use cold-blooded, that's just weak. "
    No, it's not because I'm too stupid to use cold-blooded. Nothing, not even a killstreak, should give you that ability. If I can sit there in a corner and watch my kills go up by 25 without even playing, there's something wrong. It's more of a principle that the game is unbalanced, as many others have explained before. I don't think it's fair for someone to top off their, already high killstreak with 25 more effortless kills. Sorry, I think the game is unbalanced, I guess I'm stupid for having a differing opinion than yours. 

EDIT: Not exactly relevant to your post, but that's the same reason I stopped playing League of Legends. I used to play tons of it, but there is a spell that one champion possesses, which essentially grants him an extra life with full health after death. Granted, this is worse than MW2's problems, but I think the same principle applies.
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @tdk08 said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    Because you're too stupid to use cold-clooded in a hardcore game, where stopping power doesn't effect your weapon that much considering guns are still most likely 1-2 shot kills? Yeah, stupidity is a good reason not to play. If you're trying to blame the game because you're too stupid to use cold-blooded, that's just weak. "
    No, it's not because I'm too stupid to use cold-blooded. Nothing, not even a killstreak, should give you that ability. If I can sit there in a corner and watch my kills go up by 25 without even playing, there's something wrong. It's more of a principle that the game is unbalanced, as many others have explained before. I don't think it's fair for someone to top off their, already high killstreak with 25 more effortless kills. Sorry, I think the game is unbalanced, I guess I'm stupid for having a differing opinion than yours. "
    Right! If somebody wants to run into chopper bullets without cold-blooded, it's totally the games fault! 

Wait a second...that's not the games fault actually. It's also not the games fault that nobody used any of the anti-aircraft weapons the game gives you. It's not the game fault that the players didn't change their class to even a default class with the stinger and shoot down the chopper before it even got 5 kills. That's entirely on you dude.
    superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By superfriend
    @AlwaysAngry: 

You´re right. I thought the chopper was way more annoying in MW1. At least they give you a lot of options to avoid stuff like that now. The only problem I still have with this game is a problem that runs through almost every online shooter: people are unfamilliar with the game or just don´t want to play it right. I still think the game should give you more points for shooting down vehicles AND a shot down vehicle should add +1 to your killcount. 
    That could encourage more people to play as a real team and use perks/ AA weapons the way they were meant to be used.
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Damn man, that pretty much sucks.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By twenty0ne
    @tdk08 said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:

" @tdk08 said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:
    No, it's not because I'm too stupid to use cold-blooded. Nothing, not even a killstreak, should give you that ability. If I can sit there in a corner and watch my kills go up by 25 without even playing, there's something wrong. It's more of a principle that the game is unbalanced, as many others have explained before. I don't think it's fair for someone to top off their, already high killstreak with 25 more effortless kills. Sorry, I think the game is unbalanced, I guess I'm stupid for having a differing opinion than yours.  EDIT: Not exactly relevant to your post, but that's the same reason I stopped playing League of Legends. I used to play tons of it, but there is a spell that one champion possesses, which essentially grants him an extra life with full health after death. Granted, this is worse than MW2's problems, but I think the same principle applies. "
    It's not unbalanced. If you think it is, you need to look up what it means to be "unbalanced." The balance is obviously cold-blooded + stinger or javelin. One can take down a Harrier in about two seconds or a Pavelow in seven. A good player or team doesn't even have to worry about air support.

Quit crying about the game being unbalanced, make a stinger class, and shoot down the air support before it reaches the map.
    Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sanryd
    @AlwaysAngry said:

" @tdk08 said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    No, it's not because I'm too stupid to use cold-blooded. Nothing, not even a killstreak, should give you that ability. If I can sit there in a corner and watch my kills go up by 25 without even playing, there's something wrong. It's more of a principle that the game is unbalanced, as many others have explained before. I don't think it's fair for someone to top off their, already high killstreak with 25 more effortless kills. Sorry, I think the game is unbalanced, I guess I'm stupid for having a differing opinion than yours. "
    Right! If somebody wants to run into chopper bullets without cold-blooded, it's totally the games fault!   Wait a second...that's not the games fault actually. It's also not the games fault that nobody used any of the anti-aircraft weapons the game gives you. It's not the game fault that the players didn't change their class to even a default class with the stinger and shoot down the chopper before it even got 5 kills. That's entirely on you dude. "
    I know you're just going to keep coming back with the same argument of "You being stupid isn't the game's fault!", but that doesn't always happen. And, when it doesn't, it gets extremely annoying when you get killed anytime you walk outside. Regardless of a strategy to defend against that specific killstreak, my original comment was meant to be taken as an example of the balance issues the game has. Sure, there's ways to counter anything that you encounter in multiplayer, but it's obvious that it is the game's fault for the balance issues. 

@twenty0ne: Same ^ to you. I don't have to explain that the game's unbalanced. Plenty of people have before. Look at the last sentence above this closely.
    eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By eric_buck

I don't think Pavelows count towards your killstreak anyway. 

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By faustyn
    @Eric_Buck said:
    " I don't think Pavelows count towards your killstreak anyway.  "
    they do. you just have to make sure to kill someone before actually calling one in. it's kinda messed up...
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By NickL
    @tdk08 said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    you dont play mw2 online because one team was stupid and decided not to shoot down the big helicopter shooting at them?
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @faustyn said:
    " @Eric_Buck said:
    " I don't think Pavelows count towards your killstreak anyway.  "
    they do. you just have to make sure to kill someone before actually calling one in. it's kinda messed up... "
    No...they just do. I think it might have been that way before, but I never used pavelows before a week ago, so maybe it was and they patched it. My pavelow has always counted for me. 

I think what people need to know is, if you get a pavelow (or any air-support,) die, then call it in, it won't count towards your kill streak. 

You can get 5 kills, die, then get 25 kills with a predator missile (don't ask me how!!!!!) and not get a nuke.
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @tdk08: You realize people keep telling you how this game is balanced, and you're only comeback to say how it's unbalanced is saying it just is. 

Care to tell us how it's unbalanced? I really don't think you can, and you're just blaming the game because you hate it and think battlefield are such t3h uber pwnz!!1
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SeriouslyNow

I don't know or care if the game is balanced or not, I just think it's a bad game and definitely not as fun (both SP and MP) as Modern Warfare was.

@AlwaysAngry:
    Sounds like a funny thing to happen anyway, even if you didn't get a nuke,

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " I don't know or care if the game is balanced or not, I just think it's a bad game and definitely not as fun (both SP and MP) as Modern Warfare was.

@AlwaysAngry: Sounds like a funny thing to happen anyway, even if you didn't get a nuke, "
    ^^^^^You're opinion.^^^^^
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " I don't know or care if the game is balanced or not, I just think it's a bad game and definitely not as fun (both SP and MP) as Modern Warfare was.

@AlwaysAngry: Sounds like a funny thing to happen anyway, even if you didn't get a nuke, "
    ^^^^^You're opinion.^^^^^ "
    Do you always state the obvious?  'I just think' clearly makes it my opinion.
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:

Do you always state the obvious?   "
    ^^^^^Interrogative sentence.^^^^^^ 

Wait, what do you mean? I don't state the obvious.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Afroman269

must. resist. temptations. 

No Caption Provided
    Damn it I failed to stop again.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:

^^^^^Interrogative sentence.^^^^^^  Wait, what do you mean? I don't state the obvious. "
    Three things.  It's 'your' opinion, not 'you are' and so you don't try and belittle my question when you can't even use proper grammar and third; you did indeed 'state the obvious' because I clearly put forward my opinion.  I didn't say 'some people say' I said 'I just think'.

relax max
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:

^^^^^Interrogative sentence.^^^^^^  Wait, what do you mean? I don't state the obvious. "
    Three things.  It's 'your' opinion, not 'you are' and so you don't try and belittle my question when you can't even use proper grammar and third; you did indeed 'state the obvious' because I clearly put forward my opinion.  I didn't say 'some people say' I said 'I just think'.  relax max "
    Way to catch what might be my only grammar error on this site and call me out for it...cockhole. 

If you didn't take my last comment as a joke, YOU need to "relax max."
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Baillie
    @SeriouslyNow:
    His name in NOT Max, asshole!
    Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Colin

Oh cool, people arguing about mw2, I've never see that before. 

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By wealllikepie

holy shit bro like 500 rage filled posts in 3 days or something
    good job

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @SeriouslyNow said:

Three things.  It's 'your' opinion, not 'you are' and so you don't try and belittle my question when you can't even use proper grammar and third; you did indeed 'state the obvious' because I clearly put forward my opinion.  I didn't say 'some people say' I said 'I just think'.  relax max "
    Way to catch what might be my only grammar error on this site and call me out for it...cockhole.  If you didn't take my last comment as a joke, YOU need to "relax max." "
    Listen mate, you're the one who got all defensive when I made a comment, I didn't pick on your poor grammar at first because, well, I'm not wired that way but when you started being rude and haughty I'd had enough.  I shared my opinion, I didn't insult you so why do you feel the need to be such a raging asshole?  calm down.

Baille.  What?
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By StarFoxA

I tried all night to get a chopper gunner, and when I did the game ended... :(

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By fwylo

It's because he's AlwaysAngry.  Has been hating on people left and right.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @SeriouslyNow: DUDE! I said "^^^^Your opinion.^^^" and you lashed back a little. Then, I made a joke about, and you went crazy. I was being sarcastic when I said "Wait, what do you mean? I don't state the obvious." You know, joke? Hahaha funny? Then, you really lashed back. I flatout told you I was joking, and you just lashed back again saying I was a raging asshole. 

Damn dude.
    cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cloneslayer

CoD4 > MW2  because of things like the OP story

thats all I'm going to say, and yes, that is purely my opinion. 

Nickness534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By Nickness534

It's kinda sad that the pavelow got that many kills. They aren't that hard to blow up.

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MrSnow

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.