Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Disc version won't start - says to redownload the game?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lukeweizer

I got my nephew the disc version of Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition and he says it won't start anymore. It gives him a message saying to redownload the game. As far as I could tell when I set it up for him, you can't even install the disc. He's 45 minutes away from me, so I didn't see the problem, but I had him:

- Delete the cache on the HDD, no luck

- Go to the Marketplace to see if he can redownload, it just gave him the option to purchase

- See if he could delete an install of the game on the HDD, he said only his saves were there

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've poked on Google and someone have had the problem, but there doesn't seem to be a solution to their query.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.