Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 24, 2009

All three Metroid Prime titles in one package. Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes are reworked to include 480p widescreen, motion controls, and achievements.

No tin case for Europe?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael

I had been looking forward to it for a long time. I never owned a GameCube, but Metroid Prime 3: Corruption was one of my favorite games this generation. I couldn't wait to play the previous two games, with improved controls and all. So today, I picked up my tin-cased Collector's Edition Metroid Prime Trilogy. 

Except it wasn't tin-cased. 

Instead of a sexy metal box, all I got was a regular-ass plastic box. Wrapped in a shitty-ass slipcase, made out of goddamn paper. I found this odd, so I asked the clerk: "Isn't this supposed to be in a tin case?". The reply: "No, I don't think so... we haven't received any tin-cased ones. All plastic." 

So I wonder: What. The. Fuck. Did I get fucked over once again just because I'm European? Yeah, looks like it. But what I want to know is if any other European countries have gotten tin cases? I know the States got them, but I'm not sure if the UK did.

Anyway, I've had it. Next time Nintendo asks me to bend over, I'm gonna say "Fuck no" and spit in their faces. I'm tired of being ass-fucked by bigot video game companies. I'm tired of waiting a year longer than the rest of the world. I'm tired of not being able to buy goddamn Collector's Editions of games.

The nest time Nintendo does something like this, I'm not buying their game. I don't care if it's Metroid, Mario, or even Zelda. If they don't feel that Europeans such as myself are worth the effort, they sure as hell aren't gonna get my money. I'll spend it on other games. Products that aren't inferior to those of the rest of the world, products that are released on time, products made by companies who want their customers to feel appreciated. Sorry Nintendo, but right now, you aren't that company. Oh, and one more thing: Fuck you.

Lucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lucifer

Blazblue, RAAAGE!

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

And Japan didn't receive the Trilogy at all! Holy shit, they should go FUCKING BOMB THE FUCKING NINTENDO HQ! FOR FUCK'S SAKE, HOW CAN THEY FUCKING DO THIS FUCKING THING TO THEIR OWN HOMELAND! OMFG I'M SO PISSED FOR JAPAN EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT JAPANESE MYSELF, BUT WHATEVER, IT'S SO FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS OMFG! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU NINTENDOOOO!

Dude, chill, it's just a game, and Europe doesn't always get fucked over, considering the likes of Another Code R didn't get a US release. From photos I saw the case wasn't the same as regular boxes, but maybe that was just for press. You should have just skipped it if it pisses you off.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By flaminghobo

Hey, we're European. We're bound to get fucked over.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

I find it strange how they do different casings for different countries. Game companies in general that is. One country gets fucked over one way or another. If it makes you feel any better (or perhaps, worse) we didn't get any tin cases in Ireland. At least, I didn't see any, I'll check again tomorrow.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Icemael
    @Al3xand3r:
    No, but the Japanese got individual "New Play Control" versions of both Prime 1 and 2, before Trilogy was even announced. They have nothing to complain about. 

And no, Europe doesn't always get fucked. Just 99% of the time. How many games have been released in Europe but not in North America? How many games have been released in America but not Europe? Wanna compare the numbers?

The PAL regions are the worst places to live by far, when it comes to video games. North America, on the other hand, is the best(unless you're a JRPG buff). If you were in our position, I bet you wouldn't be satisfied either.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

Really? Paying more for 2 games instead of less for 3 and not having them all in one box either is nothing to complain about? Well your case has even less to complain about then, if you find their situation so much better off.

And I am in your position, silly... And now you're generalising, I was speaking for Nintendo in particular, as were you. This gen at least Europe seems to be favored, unless I missed some big titles the US got and we didn't. We also got Disaster (meh, some liked it).

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Icemael
    @Al3xand3r: The "New Play Control" games have(unlike Trilogy) budget prices at release, so if they played anything extra at all, it wasn't much. And I'd be more than happy to pay a little bit of extra money to get games months earlier than the rest of the world. Actually, I'm pretty sure anyone would. 

The PAL regions, on the other hand, had to wait just as long as the Americans, and pay even more, for an inferior product. Here in Europe games cost  around $90. Picture this: Trilogy goes on sale in Europe with a tin case at $90, while you Americans get a plastic case and have to pay $120. Would you still say "It's cool man, nothing to complain about"?
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By dbz1995

Simple. You don't like the boxes, you don't buy the game. You don't like Nintendo, you don't get their games. You don't like Europe, lets go to America.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

Again, I'm not American, stop assuming that. And yes, even with budget price, they paid more for 2 games, than they'd pay for 3 if they were released as one with the Trilogy. And you didn't wait that long, Prime 2 New Play Control was released in June, it seems pretty sensible to require some time to provide the Trilogy, a far better deal and package, for you, even if it's slightly inferior to the US version.

As for the prices, eh, tell me any part of the world that pays according to exchange rates as opposed to fixes prices depending on their region... Exchange rates isn't how goods are priced, there are many other factors to consider, and clearly they do. Since you're aware that you "always" get fucked over, you can start buying US systems and import your games in orders of several items together to avoid too many shipping fees. If you wanna argue that take it up with your governments for establishing this system for pretty much every corporation out there, not just Nintendo.

Nice you dodged half my post btw. Again, what games did Nintendo keep from Europe tha they gave to the US this gen? Is it more than they gave Europe and didn't give the US? And exactly how much later do their releases get over here, considering the additional languages required?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Icemael

@dbz1995 said:
    " Simple. You don't like the boxes, you don't buy the game."
    Yeah, because boxes are the main reason I buy games. 

@dbz1995
    said:
    "You don't like Nintendo, you don't get their games."
    Thing is, I like Nintendo for the most part. I do not, however, like them when they screw me over. 

@dbz1995
    said:
    "You don't like Europe, lets go to America. "
    No comment... 

@Al3xand3r: If you're not American, you should know what I'm talking about. And you should care. Because when you stop caring about how you are treated, it gets worse, slowly but surely.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

That's an improvement, now you dodged the whole post as opposed to just half of it.

Pissy forum posts aren't exactly stopping it from getting worse either.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Icemael
    @Al3xand3r said:
    "Again, what games did Nintendo keep from Europe tha they gave to the US this gen? Is it more than they gave Europe and didn't give the US? And exactly how much later do their releases get over here, considering the additional languages required? "
    I wasn't talking about Nintendo, but games in general(though Nintendo has made some fuck-ups). And the additional langauges are only for instruction booklets. Translating one of those doesn't take more than a day. 

Anyway, I'm ignoring a lot that you post because you don't seem to understand me. You think I'm complaining about tin cases and money, but I'm not. I'm talking about principles.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dbz1995
    @Icemael said:
    "
     @dbz1995 said:
    " Simple. You don't like the boxes, you don't buy the game."
    Yeah, because boxes are the main reason I buy games. 

@dbz1995
    said:
    "You don't like Nintendo, you don't get their games."
    Thing is, I like Nintendo for the most part. I do not, however, like them when they screw me over. 

@dbz1995
    said:
    "You don't like Europe, lets go to America. "
    No comment... 

@Al3xand3r: If you're not American, you should know what I'm talking about. And you should care. Because when you stop caring about how you are treated, it gets worse, slowly but surely. "
    Exactly. If you don't care about the box, then why talk about it? And they haven't screwed you over-they just gave you a normal box. And the last one was a joke. Yes. Funny. I know.

@Icemael said:
    " @Al3xand3r said:
    "Again, what games did Nintendo keep from Europe tha they gave to the US this gen? Is it more than they gave Europe and didn't give the US? And exactly how much later do their releases get over here, considering the additional languages required? "
    I wasn't talking about Nintendo, but games in general(though Nintendo has made some fuck-ups). And the additional langauges are only for instruction booklets. Translating one of those doesn't take more than a day. 

Anyway, I'm ignoring a lot that you post because you don't seem to understand me. You think I'm complaining about tin cases and money, but I'm not. I'm talking about principles. "

Elaborate...why do people think that if they say something we will automatically understand?

For example: You know I did. How do you know that this is actually a reference to me eating your pie last night? HOW??
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187

THIS JUST IN:  Europe's supply of tin has been all used up. 

That's probably why...

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Icemael
    @dbz1995: I do care about the case, yet I don't. See, the case itself is of no importance(tin case or not, Trilogy is a fantastic deal). It's the fact the the States got it and we didn't, for no reason at all.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dbz1995
    @Icemael said:
    " @dbz1995: I do care about the case, yet I don't. See, the case itself is of no importance(tin case or not, Trilogy is a fantastic deal). It's the fact the the States got it and we didn't, for no reason at all. "
    And this is related to principles becaause...
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#18  Edited By AgentJ

It sucks that you dont get the tin case, but there must have been some sort of picture of the european box art prior to its release, so I guess I'm saying you should have known what you were getting. It's cool, but don't let that stop you from playing those three fantastic games. besides, this is probably payback for you guys getting tingles rosy rupeeland : )

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Icemael
    @dbz1995 said:

" @Icemael said:

" @dbz1995: I do care about the case, yet I don't. See, the case itself is of no importance(tin case or not, Trilogy is a fantastic deal). It's the fact the the States got it and we didn't, for no reason at all. "

And this is related to principles becaause... "
    If you can't see that for yourself, there's no point in trying to explain it to you. 

@AgentJ
    said:
    " It sucks that you dont get the tin case, but there must have been some sort of picture of the european box art prior to its release, so I guess I'm saying you should have known what you were getting. It's cool, but don't let that stop you from playing those three fantastic games. besides, this is probably payback for you guys getting tingles rosy rupeeland : ) "
    The artwork is identical, and has a metallic shine. Even if there had been any pre-release pictures(I know I didn't see any), it would have been impossible to see that it was plastic. And don't worry, I'm not letting it stop me from playing the games.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dbz1995
    @Icemael said:
    " @dbz1995 said:

" @Icemael said:

And this is related to principles becaause... "
    If you can't see that for yourself, there's no point in trying to explain it to you. 

@AgentJ
    said:
    " It sucks that you dont get the tin case, but there must have been some sort of picture of the european box art prior to its release, so I guess I'm saying you should have known what you were getting. It's cool, but don't let that stop you from playing those three fantastic games. besides, this is probably payback for you guys getting tingles rosy rupeeland : ) "
    The artwork is identical, and has a metallic shine. Even if there had been any pre-release pictures(I know I didn't see any), it would have been impossible to see that it was plastic. And don't worry, I'm not letting it stop me from playing the games. "
    Hm. Ok. Thats good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.