Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MediEvil

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 25, 2019

After the success of the Crash N. Sane Trilogy remake, Sony is bringing MediEvil back fully remastered in 4K for PlayStation 4.

MediEvil Remaster

Avatar image for bioshocksurvivr
    Bioshocksurvivr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have interesting fond memories of MediEvil. I remember getting a Playstation for Christmas, and going through the games on the demo disc over and over. Some demos, like Spyro, and Metal Gear Solid, I played more than I can count. The only demo I didn't finish was Medievil. It creeped me out...I was young!

Anyway, after enjoying The Crash remasters, and looking forward to the Spyro Remasters, the idea of returning to give MedEvil another try on my PS4 is exciting! it just kind of worries me that we haven't heard anything else about it since the announcement. I was thinking an October release was obvious, but now we're so close to that, and have heard nothing. What are your thoughts?

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MattGiersoni

Can't wait the remaster/remake too! Yeah kinda sucks we haven't heard anything which makes me think that maybe they are going to do a "shadow drop" and just announce that "it's out today" at like PSX or some other event. It might also release in mid-late 2019 because not only was the announcement teaser super short and showed nothing but they also used some fan-made graphics (the big sir Daniel skull under "coming to PS4 etc." was later discovered to be fan made and possibly used without the knowledge of the user, but then again sony owns the IP so not sure how that works)

Anyway, I wanna be optimistic and say that we're hopefully gonna get some info soon or no info and the shadow drop happens instead! Honestly I'm just happy so many classics are gettings the remake/remaster treatment, Crash, Spyro, Medievil, Shadow of the Colossus among others.

Bioshocksurvivr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattgiersoni:

It would be awesome if they just announced it was out.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was excited when the announcement happened, but like you said, it basically vanished after that. Maybe we'll see something at PSX, assuming that even happens this year.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally forgot about this remake.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I want this (loved both Medievils growing up) I think this is one of those remasters that is going to stay in limbo for a while.

Crash, Spyro, Shadow of the Colosus, and so forth all had pretty good control schemes. Even Shenmue had an "okay" scheme. Medieval was kind of crap even at the time, and the camera made the platforming even harder. So rather than "just" redoing the graphics and engine, the Medievil remaster will need actual thought to gameplay/input and how to capture the feel/style people remember without being too far away from what they actually played.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@gundato: I went through it again a handful of years ago and was pleasantly surprised at how well it played. It was a bit meandering but it didn't strike me as particularly difficult due to its controls or anything. I don't think it's as substantive an experience as the Spyro or Crash, but it's certainly not a bad time.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember playing a demo for this game quite a bit, but never the game itself.

Bioshocksurvivr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully we hear something soon. I’d definitely like to know what’s going on with it.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I preferred Maximo on PS2.

They should remake that. I wonder where that IP sits... Can't be bothered googling it.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By glots
    Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Looks fantastic, but may not have aged well as it seems to be a 1:1 remake. hopefully they make it feel as good as it looks. The game came out when i was too young to get good, I'd like to go back and get past the first level finally haha.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha it creeped you out? That’s legimately cute. I remember channeling my inner Dan Ryckert in thinking “this game is too goofy and childish looking for a mature teenager like myself”

Therefor I probably missed out on a legit classic, since a lot of people seem to think highly about this games atmosphere and humor.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BrunoTheThird

People were shitting on this trailer hard over on another site, saying it looked ugly, crappy, and expressing general confusion about why it's loved. Pretty depressing some people can't enjoy simple pleasures without contextualizing when it came out (that sentence made no sense, but you know what I mean). This cartoony, spooky, Rare-style charm wasn't exactly a dime a dozen in 1998, and I think it looks delightful in many ways, even excusing my fandom bias. I'm glad there's a bit more hope it'll be good here, even if some of you might still end up not liking it (which would be totally understandable).

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

PS1 games have a simple charm that would make them fun for a new audience if the PS1 wasn't so hard to go back to visually. I can still play it because of nostalgia, but spicing up a fun formula like this, Spyro, and Crash is a trend I like.

So... how about some classic Twisted Metal and Jet Moto?

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why people were being so negative about the new trailer, I think it looks fine. Sure it's not on the level of Crash or Spyro, but it still looks good. Watching it made me want a new Maximo as well.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I think this looks fantastic from the trailer and I am legitimately excited to get to play this again (and possibly even finish it this time)!

Inresurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. It looks super, super floaty to me. The environments look nice and very nostalgic (almost how I remember Maximo looking like back in the day) but yeah, that combat and platforming looks flooooaty.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to this having played the first and enjoyed it and I'm glad it's still getting released given it hadn't been shown since it was first announced last year. I wonder if this remaster will be based off the ps1 version and not the psp version given the visual comparisons in the video.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.