Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne

Character » appears in 4 games

Max Payne is the protagonist of the Max Payne series of games. After being unable to prevent the brutal murders of his wife and child, Max loses his grip on reality and dives right into the belly of the criminal underworld to serve up some vigilante justice.

Movie

aliensexist4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By aliensexist4

Anybody psyched about it?  Mark Wahlberg a good choice for the lead? Sound off!

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I think it could be alright.  The whole angel thing threw me off a little, but hopefully that is just part of a dream sequence or a reaction to Valkyr.  Wahlberg seems like a good choice, but it is a movie based off of a video game so we gotta wait and see

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Yeah I hope its more game related too

Kevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Kevin
    Br3adfan said:
    "I think it could be alright.  The whole angel thing threw me off a little, but hopefully that is just part of a dream sequence or a reaction to Valkyr.  Wahlberg seems like a good choice, but it is a movie based off of a video game so we gotta wait and see"
    Yeah the angels are weird. Luckily though it seems they got the whole noir feeling of it and they included some of the bullet-time stuff.
    AttackedCamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AttackedCamo

To be honest I'm actually kinda excited for it.

aliensexist4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By aliensexist4

Yeah, I don't remember being this excited about a videogame movie since...well, ever.  I'm equally psyched about BioShock being a movie, but too early to tell.  I like the trailer for Max Payne and I agree that the angel had better be a reaction to Valkyr.  I read an interview with Wahlberg and he stated how they couldn' t really make the movie exactly like the game, because it would be impossible...I don't know about that, after seeing things like Sin City and such, but hopefully it just keeps the tone and atmosphere above all else.  He also stated that Max Payne was the most difficult character he has ever had to play, emotionally and psychologically, which I definitely agree should be the case, so I hope he nailed it.  I hope there is some stylized bullet-time sequences but I have a feeling they won't do any slowmotion things at all.  Oh and there better be painkillers!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By napalm

Yes. The "winged creatures" are Valkyr effects. Do you remember, from the first game, the quote, "The flesh of fallen angels"? Well, I believe they are taking that quote literally. No worries. Those creatures are NOT real.

SkaOreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SkaOreo

Oh god the trailer for this movie looks awesome.  The only thing that disappoints me is that this will be getting a pg-13 rating. 

aliensexist4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By aliensexist4

Damn, I totally didn't take into account the rating...I must not have registered it...PG-13, that sucks.  The game definitely needs an R-rating supplement.  Hopefully they hold back more on the swearing than the violence.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm

You guys do know that other incredibly dark films, such as the Dark Knight, and action-packed movies like Live Free Or Die Hard had a PG-13 rating, right? They can certainly do a lot with PG-13 nowadays. PG-13 isn't the same rating it was 5 years ago. There isn't a total, complete set rating as of yet, even though the actors said they were hoping for a PG-13.

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By DarkLegend

I wonder how the effect is going to be.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

I can't really see why it would need an 18/R besides for the Valkyr references, but it seems that that has already been taken into consideration with all the angels we've been seeing in the trailers. Also, I quite like Marky Mark so I'm pleased he got to be Max, obviously there's others i'd prefer, notable former Oz actor Dean Winters, but that's still a much better casting choice than Mila Kunis as Mona and Ludacris as Jim Bravura. I mean, seriously, what?

aliensexist4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By aliensexist4

Yeah I don't get the Ludacris casting at all.  Not to be racist at all, but just look at the game...Jim Bravura is an older, heavyset, white male.  What the hell?  As for Mila Kunis, I won't judge her til I see her portrayal of Mona in action.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Bennyishere

I'm excited, but I was disappointed to find Mila Kunis to be in the casting. Also, Ludacris as Bravura is just wrong. I love Ludacris, but as Bravura? *shrug*

Still, I'll watch it.

Doogie2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Doogie2K

Looks like they were going more for MP1 Mona than MP2 Mona in casting Mila.  Which I guess I can get behind aesthetically, though it remains to be seen (by me, anyway) if she can be anything other than Jackie and be half-assed believable.

Ludacris as Bravura?  Is that who that was?  I guessed from the trailer it would be Beau as Bravura and Ludacris as BB, not the other way around.

Also, the actress for Michelle is a visual win.  Too bad she'll probably be dead for most of it.

aliensexist4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By aliensexist4

Anybody see the new full trailer? Wow, amazing overall but I'm still iffy on the heavy emphasis on the Valkyries....if it's played off as no more than drug-induced psychotic visions then that's fine, but it just seems like a lot to me.

yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By yorro

Bullet time looks dumb

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AaronBelfast

Saw the trailer in the cinema tonight. I'll give it a chance!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.