Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 21, 2017

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

Mass Effect Andromeda: 80 hours later, I talked to everyone.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
    spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By spacemanspiff00

I was lucky that I didn't experience many bugs so I thought I would share my experience. I cleared 95% of the game, save for a bunch of dumb tasks. I feel I may have enjoyed the game more than most, but getting there is perhaps one of the games bigger flaws. The original trilogy was so focused in a way that it was actually difficult to miss prompts around the world. In ME:A, there are so many non quest giving NPC's with dialog whose prompts don't stick out until you get close. On top of that your crew members have far more dialog when it comes to being on the Nexus or other ports. They actually patched in their locations on ports after the fact.

I spent so much time talking to people and crew members off the ship in a way that wasn't nearly as prominent in the original trilogy. The old loop was pretty much: Go do a big mission, then come back and talk to the crew. Rinse and repeat. A lot of the enjoyment I found in ME:A is hidden in these interactions that you would easily miss if your just following your quest log around. I felt that I got to know my crew and the world around them pretty well by the end, even if the main story is one of its weaker points. I spent so much time talking to people in fact that I felt like the writers stopped writing Cora as anything but a love interest after awhile because I pursued someone else and she barely had anything to say ever again except for some short chatter after main missions. This became quite jarring by the end as I started to wonder why she was so underdeveloped as a friend character compared to the rest. Even Lexi had more to say after awhile.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By EthanielRain

Cora stopped talking to me like halfway through, too. She would have new "War Stories" (or whatever that option is called) rarely, but that's it. It made her last mission weird, because she hadn't talked to me in the last 40 hours.

Wonder if this is one of the things they fixed in the patch, it mentioned that kind of stuff but not Cora specifically.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeh i do enjoy speaking to people instead if just walking around cardboardpeople like in ME1-3. They mostly say the same super generic stuff however so even if the concept is better and give more immersion its still sloppy as hell.

spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ethanielrain: Gee I must have exhausted those war stories pretty early on then. I am pretty sure she had almost nothing to say for the entire 2nd half of my play through except for after the main missions. I did do everyone's loyalty missions pretty early on but everyone else still had stuff to say. Strange.

spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: I know what you mean. I also had a bunch of small conversations with crew members on ports quite often that are easy to skip over and some of them actually led me to understanding them better. While I agree it was often not great, I did enjoy being able to have conversations with non-quest NPC's. It certainly made the world feel more lively. Lots of great framework for a great sequel.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ethanielrain: Gee I must have exhausted those war stories pretty early on then. I am pretty sure she had almost nothing to say for the entire 2nd half of my play through except for after the main missions. I did do everyone's loyalty missions pretty early on but everyone else still had stuff to say. Strange.

I don't really remember, but it seemed to be right around the time I chose to do the "no strings attached" sex with PeeBee. If you did the same then maybe that did something. Anyway, when all the DLC is out I'll replay the game and I bet it's different. It stood out too much to be working as intended.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OurSin_360

Weird, my experience has been the opposite in the last games i exhausted every bit of dialog and knew everything about my crew, in this game i don't even know all their names and skip most the stuff they say. I remember i didn't need a guide for the last mission in 2 because i knew everything about my crew lol.

spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spacemanspiff00

@oursin_360 said:

Weird, my experience has been the opposite in the last games i exhausted every bit of dialog and knew everything about my crew, in this game i don't even know all their names and skip most the stuff they say. I remember i didn't need a guide for the last mission in 2 because i knew everything about my crew lol.

I agree that none of the characters in Andromeda are on par with the original trilogy. I would say the same about the majority of the writing. Although if you skipped everything everyone said I understand why you wouldn't know much about them lol. But I found more enjoyment finding the other interactions around the galaxy and trying to flesh it all out, even if there wasn't a ton to find. By the end I believe theirs some good framework for a solid sequel.

spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spacemanspiff00 said:

I don't really remember, but it seemed to be right around the time I chose to do the "no strings attached" sex with PeeBee. If you did the same then maybe that did something. Anyway, when all the DLC is out I'll replay the game and I bet it's different. It stood out too much to be working as intended.

Funny that you mention the Peebee thing. I had the same thought earlier. However I don't think I even flirted with her more than once which makes it seem even stranger. And I definitely agree on the DLC front.

Sait0u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I exhausted the Tempest dialogue pretty early. Although I didn't spend much time interacting with my crew at other ports/cities, but I didn't really like the characters enough to make the effort. If I go back to the game maybe I'll spend some more time on that now that I know it has some potential. On the other hand, I think part of it for me is that I just can't get on board with Ryder's personality during conversations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.