Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel's Midnight Suns

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 02, 2022

A dark turn on the Marvel Comics in this tactical RPG from Firaxis and 2K Games.

Frequent Crashes?

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I am finding a few articles on the internet about this, but I do not believe I have heard anyone talking about it on the (too many) podcasts I listen to. I have played about 20 hours of Midnight Suns and it has crashed 10 times already. I was already at a point where I was forcing myself to play the game, but I think I just have to be done. Considering the pretty decent reviews it has gotten, I am just surprised. People crapped all over Saints Row for technical issues (I got it day one, then had one crash and one bug that was absolutely hilarious in playing it almost to 100%), but here I'm getting nothing. Have you been having crashes in Midnight Suns?

I'm starting to wonder if I am reverse cursed, because Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart crashed on me a lot too, but it didn't seem like others had issues. However, when people say games crash a lot (or people said God of War 2018 made their PS4 sound like a jet engine), I usually do not have those issues.

constantk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ginormous76: Have you tried disabling the 2K launcher? It's pretty easy to find a guide on how to do it and it supposedly dramatically improves the performance. It might help with crashing, too?

I'm also playing this right now on PC. I have about 16.5 hours in and haven't had a single crash. Speaking of curses, I hope I didn't just doom myself to having the same issue you are.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

What are you playing it on? I had maybe 2 crashes through my entire game.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By bigsocrates

I put like 60 hours into this game and finished it on Xbox Series X around launch. I had some serious glitches including a progression blocking one (since fixed, including fixed on my save so I did not need to restart) but I do not remember it crashing at all, outside of the fixed progression blocking glitch, which did cause a crash but was repeatable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.