Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Patch 4/15/2011: Sentinel Loses Use of Arms!!!

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Rockdalf

Hehehe, I kid I kid...  Here are the real patch notes. Source.

- Fixed bug where a cross counter and X-factor activation would cause Ryu to float if using the β or γ assists.
    - Fixed bug involving snapping out Zero during the activation of his Shadow Clone, which was disabling control of that player's characters.
    - Fixed bug involving the hit stun for Captain America's Shield Slash against Ryu, Amaterasu, and Hulk, which was allowing an unintended combo. 
    - Fixed bug for displaying more than 128 victories in a game lobby.
    - Fixed bug involving Haggar blocking an attack in the air, immediately after using the Hoodlum Launcher.
    - Fixed bug for displaying consecutive victories over 99 in Player Match.
    - Fixed bug that allowed an infinite combo by Amaterasu against Taskmaster (Standing), Amaterasu(Standing or Ducking), Zero (Standing), and Shuma-Gorath (Ducking). Bug fix involved Amaterasu's Solar Flare attack (x5) and Power Slash combo.
    - Fixed bug where Spencer's Bionic Maneuvers would cause Viewtiful Joe and Arthur to be stuck in the ground, when used as part of a combo with Haggar's Rapid Fire Fist.
    - Fixed bug where Specner's Bionic Maneuvers would cause the damage to display incorrectly, when used in a combo with Haggar's Steel Pipe and Rapid Fire Fist.

I think we can all agree that this patch was beneficial to all and less controversial than the prior one.  I for one am glad that the game is receiving this much attention, can't wait to see what they do next.  Maybe some character additions?  

*crosses fingers for Mega Man X*

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i skipped the first thing you send in this post so i really thought sentinel did lose his arms and i was looking for it all over the patch notes...  i feel so dumb right now

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bravetoaster

I almost had a heart attack.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rockdalf
    @Axxol said:
    " I almost had a heart attack. "
    I wanted to say he lost more health in the title, but I figured that would generate even more confusion and distress.
    bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bravetoaster
    @Rockdalf said:
    " @Axxol said:
    I wanted to say he lost more health in the title, but I figured that would generate even more confusion and distress. "
    You're a monster.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Yanngc33

I've never actually experienced any of these bugs so I can't say that this new update really matters

Still waiting for Hawkeye though

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rockdalf
    @Yanngc33 said:
    " I've never actually experienced any of these bugs so I can't say that this new update really matters Still waiting for Hawkeye though "
    Why would you want Hawkeye when you can have someone that already has the Aim of Hawkeye and is better than Cap!?
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Yanngc33
    @Rockdalf
    @Yanngc33 said:
    " I've never actually experienced any of these bugs so I can't say that this new update really matters Still waiting for Hawkeye though "
    Why would you want Hawkeye when you can have someone that already has the Aim of Hawkeye and is better than Cap!?
    Because Hawkeye can do much more than aim and shoot (such as flicking his nails at people) plus he can use different types of arrows.

Than again, why have Mega Man X when we already have Zero?
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rockdalf
    @Yanngc33 said:
    " @Rockdalf
    @Yanngc33 said:
    Because Hawkeye can do much more than aim and shoot (such as flicking his nails at people) plus he can use different types of arrows. Than again, why have Mega Man X when we already have Zero? "
    Easy Easy Easy, I was being sarcastic.  But I think we can REALLY agree that Zero =/= Mega Man X.  I mean really.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel
    @Rockdalf said:
    " @Axxol said:
    I wanted to say he lost more health in the title, but I figured that would generate even more confusion and distress. "
    And you consider that a bad thing? :P
    rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rbysjti

We need Storm's fast vertical typhoon back.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jack268

The Zero snap back fix seems like they really just threw on some duct tape as a temporary fix. It's entirely possible that someone would want to snap someone back with the shadow activated, but that will simply waste 1(2?) meters for the person doing it.

A cleaner fix would be to simply make the assist that's tagged in when the snap back is performed jump out of the screen and back in again when the point character is snapped out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.