Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mario Kart 8

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 29, 2014

Mario Kart returns and makes its HD-debut with gravity-defying hover vehicles, a new spin on the traditional track designs, ATVs, the return of classic Last Man Standing-Battle Mode, custom online tournaments and Mario Kart TV, which allows for sharing of highlight videos online.

Free downloadable game promotion?

mrhaydel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Has anyone gotten the free downloadable game promotion to work yet?

Club Nintendo's website appears to be under heavy load/having issues since Friday, so I've gotten as far as logging in, it recognizing I purchased MK8, and asking which game I want to choose. After that, it appears as if it's going to send an email with a code to download the title I chose, but the email hasn't shown up yet (not in spam either). The same page where it asked for my email address now just says 'Your reward has already been redeemed'.

I'm just wondering whether anyone else has had any better success or gotten further along in the process - assuming that my understanding of how it's meant to work is even correct! I imagine it could just be slow moving because of the MK8 launch, but who knows...

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ripelivejam

trying it now seeing how it goes. also apparently you can register the limited edition Zelda Wii U and get $10 eshop credit?

lmao wonder how many are going for Wii Party. i'll most likely get pikmin 3 but for some dark reason i may get new super mario bros (wop wop)

edit: down for maintenance.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By alistercat

I did it and got my code for Pikmin 3 right away. Infact, it took me to the code right after the survey, and said it would also email it to me. Haven't got the email but I used the code on the web page.

Emails should come within 48 hours. It took a while when I used their previous promotions to get free 3DS games.

I should also note, it listed it for me on the club nintendo page when logged in after completing the promotion so that's another way to get it. Best wait until the traffic has calmed.

Solidsnak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Had no problems, but I may have just been ahead of the rush.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: It's pretty much a NSMB map pack at this point, so if you really like 2D Mario it's just... more of that.

@mrhaydel: Worked fine in the UK, grabbed Pikmin 3 and it spat out a code.

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Worked fine for me in the UK I got wonderful 101 as EU nintendo published that in EU.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worked fine for me in the UK I got wonderful 101 as EU nintendo published that in EU.

I haven't registered mine yet (stupid pre-order hasn't arrived yet), but can you confirm that the UK offer includes Monster Hunter 2 as an option? Shopto's promotional adverts list it but I can't find any mention of it on the official nintendo site.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

Club Nintendo is telling me that I have already redeemed it, even though I haven't. Now I get to wait for Customer Support to fix it for me and give me my code.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

I guess this is a bad time for me to be registering games. I managed to register one. Another registration survey and a post-play survey was eaten by an error, never to be seen again. I'd better stop. I'm robbing myself of points, and probably robbing others of their free game just by being there.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#10 riostarwind  Moderator

It was pretty bad yesterday but at least this morning I was able to redeem TLOZ Wind Waker HD with no issues.

mrhaydel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks duders.

@jjor64 said:

Club Nintendo is telling me that I have already redeemed it, even though I haven't. Now I get to wait for Customer Support to fix it for me and give me my code.

This sounds like the situation I'm in, though I was hoping to just wait it out and see if I get an email tomorrow or Monday before involving Customer Support. :-|

Definitely sounds like launch day woes, and seems to be hit or miss !

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I haven't been able to get anywhere with it. Site says it is either down for maintenance or I'm able to log in and try to select a game and it immediately effs up and doesn't even say I'm logged in.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

It might have something to do with there being no Club Nintendo where I live but we won't get our codes until sometime in August apparently.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I guess I really need to buy Mario Kart before this promotion ends.

brettchalupa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By brettchalupa

I woke up early on Friday morning (EST) to purchase the game. When I logged into Club Nintendo it prompted me to pick a free game, which I did (Pikmin 3). I redeemed it immediately, and it worked as expected. I am guessing that I beat the rush to the Club Nintendo site. Hope it all works out for everyone!

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought Mario kart on Friday and forgot about this.

last night just put in the star code thing then chose a game and got the code instantly on the website.

Got monster hunter 3 ultimate but I don't know if I will like it.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ripelivejam: I took Wii Party U. I had all the others with the exception of the Olympic sports game, and I don't care for sports.

Avatar image for baconandwaffles
    baconandwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By baconandwaffles

I purchased the digital download version on Friday. Whenever I logged into Club Nintendo it would say I was eligible for a free game, but would then say I had already redeemed it.

But when I logged in this morning, it worked - when I selected a game it took me to a different page that had a download code and emailed the code to me as well.

So hopefully it will work itself out for the rest of you too...

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't get this but when I got my free game for buying luigis mansion I had no issues

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Club Nintendo gave me the already redeemed message also but then I logged out and logged back in and it worked fine. Pikmin 3 is a pretty good looking game so far.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fattony12000

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Maybe I should buy a Wii U...

mrhaydel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, FWIW, I finally got the promotion to work yesterday (Sunday).

Not super surprisingly it did get far enough in to the process on the website to where it would have shown me the download code, but the page either timed out or errored out before that could happen. However, an email showed up maybe 15-20 minutes later and that had the code in it, which redeemed just fine last night.

So, I guess patience/perseverance are key!

GLHB

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.