Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mac

Platform »

The Macintosh (Mac) line of personal computers is designed and developed by Apple, Inc. - formerly Apple Computer, Inc. It runs macOS, a Unix operating system. Its current version, macOS 13.4 "Ventura" was released on May 18, 2023.

Can you walk out of the store with one or not?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

I really want an iMac now, and am going at any lengths to get one, my parents have agreed to buy it for me on a credit card and over two months I'll pay them back. So tommorow I was going off to the Apple store thats like 2 hours away to buy one, but I've heard some things like you can buy it there but you can't get it straight away, they ship it to you instead and you have to wait a few days. Now if thats the case I'll order it online, but I hope you can buy it in store. I'm from the UK if thats any difference.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Why don't you just call them and ask...

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hizang

I called the store, and the person I spoke to told me that there is a good chance they will have them in stock. I asked him how many they have in stock and he said he can't answer that, I don't know whether he actuly didn't know or whether he was to lazy to find out for me. Either way I'm getting one tommorow woop woop!

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By time allen

or just buy a pc and you won't be in debt to your parents for two months rofl

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By sarge1445

@Toms115 said:

Or he could buy what he wants and you could answer his question

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Damian
    @Hizang said:

I called the store, and the person I spoke to told me that there is a good chance they will have them in stock. I asked him how many they have in stock and he said he can't answer that, I don't know whether he actuly didn't know or whether he was to lazy to find out for me. Either way I'm getting one tommorow woop woop!

They can't tell people how much stock there is in case someone is trying to "case the joint". 
    And I suppose you know by now, but yes. You can walk out with one like any other product.
    Enjoy your Mac! :)
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By imsh_pl

Depends. If they don't have that many security cameras and you keep the laptop hidden you should be okay.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By time allen
    @sarge1445 said:

@Toms115 said:

usually having to ask your parents to buy it for you would be an indication that it costs too much money, but ok.
    sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By sarge1445

@Toms115 said:

@sarge1445 said:

@Toms115 said:

usually having to ask your parents to buy it for you would be an indication that it costs too much money, but ok.

He said he is going to pay them back and he can pay over time. I don't know why he just doesn't save for 2 months and then buy the Mac, but he wants it now so let him pay off his parents.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By time allen
    @sarge1445 said:

@Toms115 said:

@sarge1445 said:

@Toms115 said:

He said he is going to pay them back and he can pay over time. I don't know why he just doesn't save for 2 months and then buy the Mac, but he wants it now so let him pay off his parents.

rofl i'm not STOPPING him from buying it, just suggesting that it's kind of silly.
    BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By BaneFireLord

I will say probably. Or you can order one online.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

@Toms115 said:

@sarge1445 said:

@Toms115 said:

Yeah, that's why babies and children shouldn't have clothes or food unless they get a goddamn job.

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By The_Tolman
    @VilhelmNielsen said:

@Toms115 said:

@sarge1445 said:

@Toms115 said:

Yeah, that's why babies and children shouldn't have clothes or food unless they get a goddamn job.

ive heard some stupid online arguments but this might just take the cake. I have a mac and  love it but suggesting a pc is an excellent idea if you cant afford a mac at the time. Idc who you owe it to but debt is never something you want to be in. i know from all the money i own from college. Also a computer is a want not a need like food and cloths.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By mikemcn
    @Axxol
    It depends: how high are your Sneak and Steal attributes?
    Not High enough to get past a level 80 Genius.
    Taklulas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Taklulas
    @sarge1445 said:

@Toms115 said:

Or he could suggest a better product that won't cost an arm and a leg for.
    NorthSarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By NorthSarge

they rarely have the most expensive version in stores. they will keep more affordable computers in store so people might actually buy them when they are there. but my macbook pro was next to maxed and i bought that in store no problem.

paid cash. felt like a drug deal.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hizang

I'm just a sucker for Apple products, I know there over priced and I could get pretty much the same thing for half the price. But hey, it's pretty sexy right..

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Dany

I'd admit that the products are great but I already have a macbook and iphone that I got last year. I had a imac at my parents home from years ago but sure. I like seening new updates and the latest in apple products even when that means I don't buy anything. They do cost but that is hte apple tax.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By valrog
    @MB said:

Why don't you just call them and ask...

That's why.

And now I'll be leaving this thread, because fuck Apple.
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#21  Edited By zidd

@Hizang said:

I know there over priced and I could get pretty much the same thing for half the price.

No matter how many Anti-Mac say crap like that its never going to be true to that extent. When you configure a PC with the exact same hardware as a newly refreshed Mac you will end up paying about the same, however the gap widens a bit as the Mac hardware gets older so timely purchases get you the best value.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.