Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LEGO Rock Band

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

LEGO Rock Band is a family-friendly take on the Rock Band formula, with new songs aimed at audiences of all ages. While the game will play similarly to other Rock Band games, it will feature LEGO characters, instruments, and venues.

Lego Rock Band won't let me continue!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'm having an issue here. If anyone's had the same issue and knows of a fix, I'd be eternally grateful. 

So I'm trying to create a custom setlist, but whenever I select the songs and then my instrument/difficulty, it just stops at this screen: 

No Caption Provided
    It's strange because it's not freezing, because I can still access the guide and the picture is still moving, but it's just not doing anything. It's not advancing to let me play the songs. I can't go back either, so basically I'm forced back to the dashboard. It's done this two times in a row now. 

What's up with this?
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

NOTE:  I have no expertise in the Rock Band games and I'm just throwing shit out there.

Did you export your Lego Rock Band songs to Rock Band 3?  May that have had something to do with it?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

I had this problem so I installed the game  and it fixed it. I don't know if thats a proper fix though That game has a ton of things that make it break.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Hailinel: Nah, I didn't export. 

@marioncobretti: I installed it from the get-go. 

My internet connection has been extremely shitty as of late. Maybe that has something to do with it. It's weird though because ONLY my Xbox is acting up. And it says my router is putting out full bars. I don't get it.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ArchScabby

It's because Lego Rockband knows you shouldn't be playing Lego Rockband.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By melcene

Perhaps its your song choices.  Is one of your song choices a DLC song that came out after Lego Rock Band?  Especially if it's something that came out more recently, say after the release of RB3?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @ArchScabby said:
    " It's because Lego Rockband knows you shouldn't be playing Lego Rockband. "
    :( 

@melcene said:
    " Perhaps its your song choices.  Is one of your song choices a DLC song that came out after Lego Rock Band?  Especially if it's something that came out more recently, say after the release of RB3? "
    Quite possibly. I think I chose a couple RB1 songs, and then one DLC song. Don't remember which. Is there a known issue with DLC in Lego Rock Band?
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By dbz1995

Rock Bnad 3 loves you so much it'll fuck up every other rhythm game.

Try reinstalling it.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By melcene

Woops, was too quick on that reply button.  Reposting in the thread in case anyone else has the same problem...  

I know that there was a statement from Harmonix that DLC released after RB3's release wasn't going to work with RB2, so maybe that (or something similar) is the problem?    

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman

Hmm. I plugged my 360 directly into my router and it seems to be working now. It must have been trying to access something online that it couldn't over wi-fi. 

But now I have a bigger problem. WTF is wrong with my built in wi-fi adapter?

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By 234r2we232

It's meant to do that. It's loading.

It'll be done in a few weeks ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rock Band's been a little weird for me lately. In Rock Band 3, I went to do a career setlist and it sat on a screen just like that, only I didn't get to choose my instrument. I had to go back to the dashboard from the guide and load it up. I was just playing The Beatles: Rock Band, and for the DLC songs, the first two phrases of the vocal sections were empty (the pitch lines were there, but no words.)

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Any reason why you haven't imported the songs?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.