Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LEGO Dimensions

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Sep 27, 2015

The LEGO toy brand's first foray into the burgeoning "toys-to-life" genre of video games, Dimensions brings together various pop-culture series together in an epic minifigure mash-up.

Might be an expensive winter.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

At first I really didn't have any interest in another toy/video game combo, but the trailer showing an adventure in Aperture Labs hit me right in the "Take my money" bone.

drchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I feel the same way, but man...$99 buy in? ooff.

I don't get the price. Wasn't Skylanders and Disney Infinity 70? And they had all the same stuff; game, portal, 3 stater characters, 1 adventure piece. I don't think the fact that they are real lego justifies an automatic $30 bump...

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

sooooooo.... 40 bucks for Portal 2 legos...and 100 bucks for the game ti play it on.... as if Legos sets weren't expensive enough as is

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The game is sweet sweet Nerdbait, and really hits home with the first batch of Level Packs (BTTF, Dr.Who, Ghostbusters, Simpsons AND Portal 2, there is none i wouldn't want)...but yeah, getting everything i want is an around 200 € buy in (220 US Dollars, because Europe), and even 100 is excessive.

But everything about this game looks great...and i doubt it will get cheaper for a while. Nnngh!

...but no, there are limits even to my badly controlled spending habits...

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'd like to play it and get some of the sets(Back to the Future, Dr. Who, Ghostbusters). I'm not going to, though. At least not until some of the stuff goes on sale or something.

@frybird said:
    and i doubt it will get cheaper for a while. Nnngh!

Past couple years my cousin has been buying the new Skylanders game and Disney Infinity on Black Friday. Usually get them for 40 bucks instead of 75 just a couple months after their release. Pretty much get both of them for the full retail price of one. Of course, there's no real guarantee they'll go on sale again this year, or that Lego Dimensions will be on sale at all. Of course, that is for the US. I have no idea how sales/etc are done in Europe.

tikimorpher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to play it and get some of the sets(Back to the Future, Dr. Who, Ghostbusters). I'm not going to, though. At least not until some of the stuff goes on sale or something.

@frybird said:
    and i doubt it will get cheaper for a while. Nnngh!

Past couple years my cousin has been buying the new Skylanders game and Disney Infinity on Black Friday. Usually get them for 40 bucks instead of 75 just a couple months after their release. Pretty much get both of them for the full retail price of one. Of course, there's no real guarantee they'll go on sale again this year, or that Lego Dimensions will be on sale at all. Of course, that is for the US. I have no idea how sales/etc are done in Europe.

Yeah but this go round youre dealing with Lego proper and they are pretty notorious for not doing sales on their sets.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@tikimorpher: I'm not sure how much say Lego themselves would have in this game going on sale. I've always thought sales like that were more done by the retailer.

Either way, the games price will drop at some point. Whether it's this year, or not.

thenewtetris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you like this game and wanted everything you'd already have to spend well over $700 with tax right now to complete the collection.

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So i failed : (

got the Starter Pack 25% off and could not resist, got that and the Portal 2 Pack.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By DoctorTran

I just recently got into the game and found that Hastings Entertainment stores are selling the fun packs for 50% off until the end up February and can be done online. That being said though, looking around online it looks like most of the fun packs on Amazon are close to 50% off as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.