Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Sports

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 04, 2010

A sports title using Microsoft's Kinect, players can participate in six different games including beach volleyball, boxing, bowling, soccer, table tennis, and assorted track and field events.

Kinect Sports=Wii Sports

lorddessan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By lorddessan

Do you think that KS will be equal to Wii Sports. I think that it(they) will be more interesting, more difficult and more atractive game(s)

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Cramsy

Judging by the name and marketing i think that is EXACTLY what Microsoft want people to think. Looks to be about the same thing, bowling, archery all that crap. Suppose it'll save me money on buying a wii. 360 and PS3 are doing just fine now that the good parts of the wii have been slapped on :).  

I agree totally that it'll be nice to have some motion control in HD finally

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

From what Jeff said in the live stream, I'm kinda excited for the Kinect Sports games. Bowling seems fun. Of course it does though, it's bowling!

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ryanwho
    @Cramsy said:
    " . 360 and PS3 are doing just fine now that the good parts of the wii have been slapped on :).  "
    Oh, they're getting NIntendo games now? No? You're just being an ass? Okay then.
    simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By simian

It's also for brand association. Mom and Dad know that little Bobby loves them <something> Sports games. It must be the same on this Three Sixty and Pee Ess Three.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cramsy
    @ryanwho said:

" @Cramsy said:

" . 360 and PS3 are doing just fine now that the good parts of the wii have been slapped on :).  "
    Oh, they're getting NIntendo games now? No? You're just being an ass? Okay then. "
    Nah man, they aren't getting Nintendo games.  

The bits of the Wii which appeal to me (motion control) are now available on other systems.  I could have seen myself buying a Wii to have those crazy 'family and friends gaming together' times, but not for something like Galaxy 2 or Twilight princess. Not to say those games are bad (galaxy 2 killed it with reviews), its just that I can have my single player experiences AND multiplayer 'lets all yell, smile and lean with our controls at the tv' with the consoles I have at the moment.
    IceTrey87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By IceTrey87
    @lorddessan: 

I feel that they'll be different.  Kinect uses both hands and your whole body more than the wii does.
    Rossuron_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Rossuron_X

I think it will be a different experience. Should be fun to see how it turns out.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By AgentJ

Each of the control schemes have their pluses and minuses. The Wii remote doesn't have the accuracy of the other control schemes. Move is far more accurate but when you are using two wands you have all of 4(2?) buttons, which isn't particularly functional for normal games. Natal (I know) is an extremely innovative product, but it lacks the tactile feel that is important for any sort of precision gaming. I want to try bowling on natal, because I don't know how that could feel right. 

Kevitivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Kevitivity

After seeing what both Sony and MS are bringing to the "motion control" table, I think it's pretty clear that one company is trying to mimic Nintendo and go after casual players, while the other is focusing on core gamers.

Sony's solution looks much more fun and precise to me...  but Mommy, Daddy, Billy and Susy will probably be intimidated. 

RedJester1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By RedJester1029

looks pretty boring to me lol
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By FreakAche

The way I look at it is that there are far worse Wii minigame collections to be ripping off than Wii Sports, and there are far worse companies to be making this game than Rare. So (maybe?) this game will be good.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Addfwyn
    @Kevitivity: I pretty much agree, I think I'll be passing on both, but that seems to be the impression I am getting from the approach they are taking.
    willylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By willylo
    @Cramsy:  I'm there with ya man, the wii game base just doesn't appeal to me. Sure the game are great but they're just not aimed for me to play, now with the motion stuff on the PS3 and 360, here's hoping for some games that'll entice me to play them with either the Move or Kinect!
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Willy105
    @WillyLo said:
    " @Cramsy:  I'm there with ya man, the wii game base just doesn't appeal to me. Sure the game are great but they're just not aimed for me to play, now with the motion stuff on the PS3 and 360, here's hoping for some games that'll entice me to play them with either the Move or Kinect! "
    You are contradicting yourself. If you don't like Wii games, why would you like them better on the 360 or PS3?
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Willy105 said:
    " @WillyLo said:
    " @Cramsy:  I'm there with ya man, the wii game base just doesn't appeal to me. Sure the game are great but they're just not aimed for me to play, now with the motion stuff on the PS3 and 360, here's hoping for some games that'll entice me to play them with either the Move or Kinect! "
    You are contradicting yourself. If you don't like Wii games, why would you like them better on the 360 or PS3? "
    I think that he's hoping for more "hardcore" motion-controlled games on the Move and Kinect. And hey, with that new Steel Battalion game for Kinect (and a few others), maybe that's possible.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By guiseppe

The whole Kinect thing is just the Wii with more power.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.