Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Turing valves is the hardest thing in this game.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Milkman

Ok, I just started playing Killzone 2 today and I was really liking it until I got the first instance of Sixaxis control. I spent literally 20 minutes trying to turn that dumbass valve in the beginning of the game. It was one of the most frustrating things I have ever done, simply because it was so simple yet I just could not pull it off. I would hold the shoulder buttons and turn the controller but it would just keep getting stuck at the same point. So, either there is something wrong with my controller or there is something severely wrong with the Sixaxis control in this game.

And now, I'm at the second mission now and there is another valve. And I just can not get it to work. I really just don't understand. I'm hoping I'm just doing something wrong here because there makes absolutely no sense to me. Is there a certain way to hold the controller or something? Because I'm really getting pissed off because these Sixaxis controls are ruining an otherwise incredible game so far.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By PowerSerj

I turned the first valve in under 10 seconds : /

Maybe the controller's upside-down?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Milkman
    PowerSerj said:
    "I turned the first valve in under 10 seconds : /Maybe the controller's upside-down?"
    I'm kinda getting the hang of it now. I don't know. The motion controls in the game just seem completely unnecessary. It's like Sony just wanted to say "HEY BY THE WAY WE STILL GOT THIS SHIT". There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to press O and just turn the valve.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah you get used to it but I think it might just be the controller itself, the motion controls suck and are not as responsive as movement on the wii.  I mean, can you imagine controlling a car or anything using this thing?  It is so delayed in response.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PowerSerj
    Milkman said:
    "PowerSerj said:
    "I turned the first valve in under 10 seconds : /Maybe the controller's upside-down?"
    I'm kinda getting the hang of it now. I don't know. The motion controls in the game just seem completely unnecessary. It's like Sony just wanted to say "HEY BY THE WAY WE STILL GOT THIS SHIT". There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to press O and just turn the valve."
    I completely agree. The SixAxis stuff feels really tacky and unnecessary. But w/e. There's worse they could have done with it.
    Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

MOTION CONTROLS FUCK YEAH!12!@144112309dfapkfgadpgf
    >_<

A lot of games would be better without weird motion controls.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Phished0ne

I know people that play games like Wipeout HD, exclusively with motion controls. 

The valve and mine setting in this game arent bad, but the best use of 6axis so far is the loading screens, Jeff was right, those are badass!
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#8  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I like how they use it for sniper rifle aiming. Sure, it may be annoying, but it's not all bad.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By LiquidPrince

What...

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    LiquidPrince said:
    "What..."
    he's having problems with the sixaxis....
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By CenturionCajun

Guerrilla is an wholly owned Sony studio. Therefore they were probably told straight up to incorporate motion controls in some way, shape or form. Once you get the hang of the valve and satchel charge controls it isn't too annoying. I ended up being able to pull it off in seconds after some practice. Is it unnecessary? Yes, but it isn't game breaking. For that look at what they did to Lair. *shutter*

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    CenturionCajun said:
    "Guerrilla is an wholly owned Sony studio. Therefore they were probably told straight up to incorporate motion controls in some way, shape or form. Once you get the hang of the valve and satchel charge controls it isn't too annoying. I ended up being able to pull it off in seconds after some practice. Is it unnecessary? Yes, but it isn't game breaking. For that look at what they did to Lair. *shutter*"
    Or resistance 2 which while isn't game breaking it is totally useless.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Milkman
    CenturionCajun said:
    "Guerrilla is an wholly owned Sony studio. Therefore they were probably told straight up to incorporate motion controls in some way, shape or form. Once you get the hang of the valve and satchel charge controls it isn't too annoying. I ended up being able to pull it off in seconds after some practice. Is it unnecessary? Yes, but it isn't game breaking. For that look at what they did to Lair. *shutter*"
    Yeah, I eventually got the hang of it after a couple. But, yeah it's just annoying and unnecessary.
    brettuthius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By brettuthius

Has anyone got the demonslayer trophy? I read the killzone 2 guide but it didn't have anything about any tips to earn it...

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By CenturionCajun

Kill the ATAC in less than 1:30. Basically be really good.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By TheHBK

Oh yeah, I think holding the controller steady for aiming was the one and only use of sixaxis that is actually a neat and well implemented idea.  Took more than 2 years but they finally got something right with the motion controls.

s0liddante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By s0liddante

yeai beat the ATAC in under 1:30

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Red
    TheHBK said:
    "Yeah you get used to it but I think it might just be the controller itself, the motion controls suck and are not as responsive as movement on the wii.  I mean, can you imagine controlling a car or anything using this thing?  It is so delayed in response."
    I can imagine flying. I can even imagine flying through a pretty meadow, gathering pretty flowers. I can also imagine flying through a warzone, gunning down the blue team.
    Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#19  Edited By Legend

I think the motion control is a cool little addition to the game. You need to press the shoulder buttons, tilt the controller in the direction of the arrows, let go of the shoulder buttons, tilt the controller back to its original position and repeat this process a couple of times. It took me 5 seconds to figure it out.

Magresda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Magresda

I'm sorry, but I can't possibly see how these valves are a problem? You hold the buttons, turn the controller, let go of the buttons - rinse and repeat. Just don't hold the controller at a funny angle (i.e lying down) and you'll be fine.

jtickner1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By jtickner1
    TheHBK said:
    "Oh yeah, I think holding the controller steady for aiming was the one and only use of sixaxis that is actually a neat and well implemented idea.  Took more than 2 years but they finally got something right with the motion controls."

Don't know if you've heard of it, it's called Folklore.. But yeah, the sniper kicks arse.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Red
    Legend said:
    "I think the motion control is a cool little addition to the game. You need to press the shoulder buttons, tilt the controller in the direction of the arrows, let go of the shoulder buttons, tilt the controller back to its original position and repeat this process a couple of times. It took me 5 seconds to figure it out."
    That does sounds way too complicated.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.