Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Patch 1.27 is now up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Go download it : )

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

Is this the one with "precise aiming?"

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

What exactly is in the update?

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ket87

High Precision mode thank you Mr. Jesus!

Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Guardian
    @Ket87 said:
    " High Precision mode thank you Mr. Jesus! "
    Its good. Controls are very natural now. 
    VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I hate this, just leave the controls, now everyone has to relearn everything to be competitive

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ket87
    @VisariLoyalist
    What must you relearn? The controls are just like any other FPS now, and really you don't have to change if you don't want to.

Personally I'm loving the change, all they need to do is add the option to toggle crouch and the controls will be perfect. And that is such a basic option too which is stupid why they don't have it. Probably because of the control swap from campaign to online with changing it from crouch/take cover to just crouch. Which is dumb as taking cover should have been included in the online anyways, it was one of the big things that really separated KZ2 from other FPS titles in the first place.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By VisariLoyalist
    @Ket87: Well, to tell you the truth killzone 2 is just about the first serious online shooter I've owned and to me it seems an ubrupt change and the use of the term "precision" suggests that unless you get accustomed to the new controls you will get smacked by the people who do adopt them. So it's a big enough deal for me considering the amount of cheap ways people find to exploit the game already, this feels like another major reason for me to not play killzone 2 anymore.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive

oh shit, gotta go on NOW! thanks for the update!!

will be back in a minute to discuss the changes made. this should be very interesting. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive

i didn't feel any difference since i was playing other shooting games earlier. so it still totally "feels" like Killzone 2, but im going to flip back and forth to feel the real difference. 

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ket87

The old style was fine if all you were playing for a long time was KZ2 but when I was playing other games and went back to it I'd always run around like an idiot practically pray'n and spray'n because I I couldn't get my bearings with the difference in the responsiveness. With how it is now there is no transition which is great. Though it feels like after the patch it became way to easy to team kill by accident. It seems like one stray bullet takes out a team member and I don't even remember that being part of the update.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By artofwar420

I'll try it thanks for the reminder.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By TheHBK

Finally, I could not stand that the dead zone on that freaking game was so huge.  Now it can be as fun as COD4 was...maybe but unlikely.  At least now it is competent in multiplayer.  I would say it would be cool if it is also available for Single player except for the fact that the single player was only awesome for 5 minutes, when you get the lightning gun.  For those of you who have undying love for Killzone, it is because you only own and PS3 and can stand the loose sticks and crappy aiming, and also, FUCK YOU RICO!!!!

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By normajean777

They personally for me ruined part of killzone with the spawn gernade crap. Its bullshit why did they even mess with the spawn gernades? Hopefully they patch it again and put it back the way it was but other then that i have no problems with the patch.

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By teekomeeko

I just like the squad / clan fixes. I can play a game with clan mates and immediately join them and then stay in their squad, which makes the game so much smoother and more fun to me. No more accepting invites, no more choosing not to play because my clan mates are on a different team. I actually stopped playing for a month or so and now I'll be going back every weekend :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.