Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Official Hardcore vs Casual Scrims (Weekly!)

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Okay, let's get serious.  My finals are finished, and I'm free until the Summer Semester starts up here.  So let's get it done.

Every week, we play at least 3 games as hardcore vs casual.  Not only will this help with the community but also help with skills.

Hey, it'll be fun too.  This post will be updated with the weekly times.

MAST - Let's get this on the road!  Let's take the roles of squad leaders and rise over the ashes we spilled over the past 3 weeks.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By MAST

Well, the problem i'm facing is pretty much no one in the casual clan seems to visit the forum anymore. In another thread, we tried to get everyone to post their location and timezone, but i think only 2 people out of the 20 in the clan actually showed up to post. That thread has been up for 2 weeks almost.

Seems like only 1-2 people in the casual clan actually care about doing matches. The rest just want to log on, play, and have the possibility of running into another GiantBomb member.

Still, i'll post a clan message about it, go ahead and try and set up a match, and we'll see what happens.

/shrug

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Like the phoenix rising!
    I`m up for this man.

deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By deadly_polo
    MAST said:
    Still, i'll post a clan message about it, go ahead and try and set up a match, and we'll see what happens./shrug
    Yea, good luck since when I did that and asked everyone to put in their timezone...

MAST said:
     only 2 people out of the 20 in the clan actually showed up to post. 
    Yea, this may not be easy. Best idea is to probably organise it and see who shows up - can we try and make at least one of them on weekends - this may help organising the time.
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Drebin_893

Telling the casual people to come on three times a week at a specific time to play a match is dumb, isn't it?

Again, I hate the fact that games have any sort of tournament play, so I'm not in any clan. But I'm just saying this plan probably won't take off the ground.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By MAST
    Drebin_893 said:
    "Telling the casual people to come on three times a week at a specific time to play a match is dumb, isn't it?

We're not "telling" or ordering anyone to do anything. A few people in the casual clan brought up the point of a lack of clan matches. As in, yes they want to be casual, but they'd still like to have a clan match now and again. So that's all we are trying to provide.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By meptron

if attendance is an issue, we could make these game unofficial regular games instead of organized challenges. That way, we could always shuffle players between teams to balance the teams if one clan doesn't have enough players.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.