Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

KZ2 Demo available this Thursday!

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By chililili

Link:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/02/killzone-2-demo-hitting-psn-on-february-5/#comments

So apparently demo will be released in the European Store for free and available to all, while in America people will be able to start using their gamestop coupons.

So this Thursday the gaming population will get a KZ2 taste, it has already generally surpassed (or met since they were so high) critical expectations, it will be nice to see general people's opinions.

How to create a European account

Since PSN is free, you can simply go to the users part of your ps3, create a new one (I called it Europe) and create a new psn account based in Europe, I also recommend that you do this too for Japan. And that way you can get the demo this thursday. In case that it bothers you that every time that you log into the ps3 you have to choose a user, go to users, hit triangle and choose "default user" that makes it log into that account every time you boot up!

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By tekmojo

Yea I got like 3 foreign accounts set up. Thanks for the HEADS UP!

Malta1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Malta1980

cant wait for the game to get released later on this month... the demo will serve as a starter :)

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By shadows_kill

yep already gots a euro account and ill be using it for his :)

shambles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By shambles

im gonna make a euro account if its not available to all in north america.. cause there has been many conflicting posts about it.
    is there anything special required to amke a euro account?.. zip code or somthing?

also wut u all think of a potentionally region locked demo.. ?..we might not be able to install the demo from the euro store..possible?..

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive

yeah i pre-ordered anyways. i have a EU account though i will obviously just use my code on the US store. shambles said:

"im gonna make a euro account if its not available to all in north america.. cause there has been many conflicting posts about it.
    is there anything special required to amke a euro account?.. zip code or somthing?

also wut u all think of a potentionally region locked demo.. ?..we might not be able to install the demo from the euro store..possible?..
    "
    nah just completely bullshit all the address stuff. 

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chililili
    TwoOneFive said:
    "yeah i pre-ordered anyways. i have a EU account though i will obviously just use my code on the US store. shambles said:
    "im gonna make a euro account if its not available to all in north america.. cause there has been many conflicting posts about it.

"
    nah just completely bullshit all the address stuff. 
    "
    If you are having trouble, look upa  hotel in london in google and copy the address
    shambles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shambles

good thinkin.. thanks dudes

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

354 views with 9 comments?

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chililili
    Jolly_Lolly said:
    "354 views with 9 comments?"
    Most likely because title is pretty self explanatory and in my original post I gave directions on how to create a European account, effectively countering the question that would ahve creeped up in the 2nd-3rd post.
    rivalbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rivalbro

Wow, I got a PAL system but live in Middle East, Signed up as UK, so I will be getting this! So much to do and so little time.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Manachild

my european account is free radicals address lol

But i doubt ill need it, euro/australian store content is generally the same.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

kind of shitty so why is killzone 2 preorder geting access to the demo? that makes no sense.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By get2sammyb

European store is going to buckle on Thursday. Expect super-slow downloads. And understand why -- don't come here moaning about the PSN. Virtually the whole of the worldwide PS3 contingent (minus perhaps Japan) will be downloading from the European servers.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

2morrow!!!!! cant waitt

shambles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shambles

anybody got an idea when the euro store gets updated?.. is it generally in the evening time there .. like we get here?.. 6-ish...  ..

asuming this .. the demo should be available to us.. or at least east coast north americans around ..11am?.... any truth to this?...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

get2sammyb said:
    "European store is going to buckle on Thursday. Expect super-slow downloads. And understand why -- don't come here moaning about the PSN. Virtually the whole of the worldwide PS3 contingent (minus perhaps Japan) will be downloading from the European servers."
    Like how nobody bitches about during Live outages?
    Stop being such a simpering apologist for this game and let it prove itself. By all means, it's probably gonna be good, but this shit is getting real sad.
    Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Optiow

Yeah next week!!
    I will probably not get the demo, but still that is awesome!!!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TwoOneFive
    can't wait to play it any longer, damn i wish i was a game reviewer. GB staff, do you have any idea how cool your job is?
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vidiot
    chililili said:
    "Link:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/02/killzone-2-demo-hitting-psn-on-february-5/#comments

So apparently demo will be released in the European Store for free and available to all, while in America people will be able to start using their gamestop coupons.

So this Thursday the gaming population will get a KZ2 taste, it has already generally surpassed (or met since they were so high) critical expectations, it will be nice to see general people's opinions.

Since PSN is free, you can simply go to the users part of your ps3, create a new one (I called it Europe) and create a new psn account based in Europe, I also recommend that you do this too for Japan. And that way you can get the demo this thursday. In case that it bothers you that every time that you log into the ps3 you have to choose a user, go to users, hit triangle and choose "default user" that makes it log into that account every time you boot up!

"
    Noted, thanks for the heads up. Perhaps if the European servers crash (I hope they don't) but if they do I guess that will send a strong message to PR morons who think giving exclusivity to something that should be free for all is pretty damn stupid.
    chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chililili
    vidiot said:
    "chililili said:
    "Link:

"
    Noted, thanks for the heads up. Perhaps if the European servers crash (I hope they don't) but if they do I guess that will send a strong message to PR morons who think giving exclusivity to something that should be free for all is pretty damn stupid."
    Demo is up in Europe servers
    drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By drakesfortune

Am I the only one who's super excited for this game and does NOT want to play the demo?  I really want the game to be fresh for me when I get it.  I don't want the demo to desensitize me in any way.  I want that beautiful game to smack me in the face at full force when I get it, and playing the demo may lessen the impact the game has on me when I finally get it in a couple weeks.  It's kind of the abstinence argument.  I want my wedding night to be memorable, and not just a short tease that desensitizes me for the main event. 

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TEAMHOLT

I got the K2 demo off of a friend who preordered the game and with whom I share PSN games with. So if you don't want to make a Euro account, you can possibly go that route; the K2 demo isn't locked like some other content is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.