Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

25% of life playing Killzone 2 for 150 days straight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Read this post from the Killzone.com forums

If you can't go there I'll just post it here.

Seriously though. I was just wondering how much time the top KZ2 player has spent on this game (my friends think I play way too much) and this is what I came up with.

KZ2 has been out for approx. 5 months (Feb. 25 - July 24) so we’ll just say 150 days. That’s 3600 hours.

x_KILL1ONAIRE_x has played this game for approx. 900 hours. That’s 25% of the aforementioned time this game has been out.

What does this all mean? Since the last five months, he/she (doubt it’s a she, but you never know) has spent 25% of their life on this game.  6 hours a day, every day for 150 days straight.  I’m only at .083, which is about a third of that and I do play quite a bit.

I had to double check that because a) I suck at math and b) I didn’t believe it the first time. Jesus, that is a lot of Killzone.  And I’ve actually never seen this guy in a room, probably because we’re different timezones, I hate Redec, and I don’t play pistols only.  And you thought you played this game too much.

gin_orphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By gin_orphan
    @Bucketdeth:
    Personally, I am jealous of x_KILL1ONAIRE_x, as he must either be independently wealthy, or not have a lot of responsibility. I was really into KZ2's multiplayer for a brief window after launch, but the spawn grenades, which still have not been altered, have totally ruined any semblance of balance, tactics or fun I could hope to get from this game on-line. That being said, check X-Box Live's leaderboards for just about any XBLA release, and you'll see more time spent on lesser games.
    meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By meptron

whao...

That's pretty intense. I wonder if it's possible that he is actually a group of people sharing the account? Alternatively, killzone could just be his entire life.
    Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Gin_Orphan said:
    " @Bucketdeth: Personally, I am jealous of x_KILL1ONAIRE_x, as he must either be independently wealthy, or not have a lot of responsibility. I was really into KZ2's multiplayer for a brief window after launch, but the spawn grenades, which still have not been altered, have totally ruined any semblance of balance, tactics or fun I could hope to get from this game on-line. That being said, check X-Box Live's leaderboards for just about any XBLA release, and you'll see more time spent on lesser games. "
    So i can safely conclude the average 360 user is either independently wealthy or not have a lot of responsibilities.

I'm leaning towards the latter.
    AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By AutomaticSnake

Yeah kill1onaire plays a lot, sometime i see him play 10 hours straight some days lol, mostly just pistol matches. He in my friends list and i just recently joined his clan.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

Sounds like the schedule of your typical World of Warcraft raider to me.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Alex_Murphy

That's pretty nuts.
    But just think about how much time the #1 WOW player has put in.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Keyser_Soze
    @MB: WoW ain't a game it's a lifestyle choice.
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @MB said:
    " Sounds like the schedule of your typical World of Warcraft raider to me. "
    Just to play devil's advocate for a bit here, the majority of guilds usually raid something like 3 days a week for 4 hours. Only the crazy serious guilds have a 6 days a week for 6 hours schedule.

That aside, it's easy to say "I will only log on to raid for 15 hours a week" but it's difficult to actually stick to that and not waste time doing other random stuff in the game. That along with the issue of scheduling stuff and juggling that with real life friends made me leave WoW. Just saying WoW is a rather big scapegoat of "no life" when there are plenty of other ways to waste one's life, not the least of which are other, less casual-friendly MMOs.
    innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By innacces14

*sigh* To be honest I have my days where I play for 10 hours straight, but that seldom happens as I hate the fact that I get stuck on one game for too long and I remember what my friend told me about the PS3 ("The PS3? Don't you mean the Metal Gear Station 3?"). As much offense that the PS3 users might take to that remark I am sorry for that, but the comment is aimed more to people who justify purchasing a console for a single game. I love COD4, I'm 10th Prestige and all that nonsense, but I bought the game release date.......a little less then 2 years ago and got to 10th Prestige and ranked 55 about a month ago. In that time I enjoyed Mass Effect, GTAIV, Burnout Paradise, Banjo Kazooie N&B, Lego Indiana Jones for christs sake.

Point?

x_KILL1ONAIRE_x is a sad sad gamer in my eyes. I don't have a PS3. I'd be more then happy to purchase this along with a PS3, but damn. I can't imagine 6 hours a day for 150 days on a game no matter what console.

10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 10MP

I really doubt he's sad because he is spending all his time playing video games. Oh damn, my bad dude, you meant sad as in a nerd who does not follow mainstream society.

Loser.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12  Edited By JamesF

That is ridiculous.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lemon360

Well kill1ionaire could always be a shared acount among a couple of 1337 brothers O.o
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#14  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @Alex_Murphy said:

" That's pretty nuts.But just think about how much time the #1 WOW player has put in. "

I put in about 7 months of playtime in a 4 year period. Quit playing about 6 months ago. Not because I was addicted to it or some shit, because it was the opposite, getting very boring.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By JoelTGM
    @MB said:
    oh man, that's true... and that's just the average raider... some people are just nuts, they pick between their family/responsibilities and some epic loot.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By JJOR64

Holy fuck.  That kid needs a life.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince

That's... a lot...

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sabata

Uhhh that's not 25% of his life.  That's 25% of the time the game has been out.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By jakob187
    @MB said:
    PSH!  900 hours is petty shit compared to World of Warcraft.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20  Edited By Cube

I wish a game could keep my attention for 900 hours. 

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By c1337us

Thats a lot of Killzone. I wonder if he has bothered to play anything else as well since it released. There have been plenty of other great games as well.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Yea thats alot of killzone, but this is nothing compared to some people and mmos.

Calidreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23  Edited By Calidreth

Good for him, obviously he is passionate for games.  As long as it doesn't affect his well being I don't see a problem with it.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NickL

i have a feeling that he is a high school kid and has had nothing to do all summer long

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NickL said:
    " i have a feeling that he is a high school kid and has had nothing to do all summer long "
    The game came out before the summer, so he isn't a highschool kid, but like Lemon said, I'm guessing this is more then one person on the same account.
    ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ververdan0226
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @NickL said:
    " i have a feeling that he is a high school kid and has had nothing to do all summer long "
    The game came out before the summer, so he isn't a highschool kid, but like Lemon said, I'm guessing this is more then one person on the same account. "
    You're right, it's probably a frat house or something like that. I think they can tend to do shit like that... but otherwise fuck that's a lot of hours.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RsistncE
    @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
    " @Gin_Orphan said:
    " @Bucketdeth: Personally, I am jealous of x_KILL1ONAIRE_x, as he must either be independently wealthy, or not have a lot of responsibility. I was really into KZ2's multiplayer for a brief window after launch, but the spawn grenades, which still have not been altered, have totally ruined any semblance of balance, tactics or fun I could hope to get from this game on-line. That being said, check X-Box Live's leaderboards for just about any XBLA release, and you'll see more time spent on lesser games. "
    So i can safely conclude the average 360 user is either independently wealthy or not have a lot of responsibilities. I'm leaning towards the latter. "
    I think I'd lean towards the latter also.

Nice avatar by the way. Welcome to the club...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.