Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jurassic World Evolution

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 12, 2018

A dinosaur park simulator.

A sequel to Jurassic Park Operation Genesis finally!!

SnakeEater321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know how many of you played JPOG in the Ps2/OG Xbox era but that was my favorite game for a long, long time. Build your own Jurassic Park/Site B, delete all your fences and let your dinosaurs kill all your visitors, make your ideal dinosaur zoo. It was fantastic and I can't put into words how excited I am about a sequel next year! I haven't been this hyped about a game since MGSV

Heres some things I hope they add now that they have had 14 years to think about it
    -Be a visitor in your own park. First person perspective where you get to control a random visitor in your park and witness first hand how amazing all your attractions are
    -Better dinosaur AI
    -More options for attractions, river boat rides, helicopter tours, petting zoos
    -More visceral dinosaur attacks. Yeah I know this isn't going to be a gory game but it would emphasize how fucking dangerous real live dinosaurs would be if you see how destructive and deadly a 7 tonne Tyrannosaur would be

What do you wanna see in JPOG2?

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played the shit out of JP:OG back in the day on the PS2, and then on PC many years later. I'm so excited for this game. I'm so excited right now, I don't even know what I want from the sequel. I just want to play it For years all I've wanted was JP:OG with better graphics, so if this is how the game turns out, I'll be happy.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing JPOG in magazines, it was ALWAYS a game I wanted to play. Seeing the trailer for the new game brought those feelings back again. Is it worth hunting down a copy of it?

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Played a bit of this on PC back in the day, a rare gem in the putrid sea of licensed games. Good to see it hasn't been forgotten, and I second the call for first-person "be a visitor" mode. I want to grab a churro and scope some saurs!

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Mmmslash

I'm going to present the unpopular opinion that the Zoo Tycoon expansion, Dinosaur Digs, was a much better Jurassic Park style tycoon game than Operation Genesis ever was.

Of course, it's mostly just adding dinosaurs to an already fantastic tycoon game, so it had a lot going for it going in.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Seikenfreak

Yay other people who know what Operation Genesis is!

I played it on PC and it was certainly a surprise hit for me. The best sort of "hmm never heard of this.. probably junk" with rock bottom expectations and then "Oh wow this is awesome"

I really liked making the SUV tour thing. Laying the track out to run through like a safari. Super neat. Getting in the chopper to tranq dinosaurs. The feeding mechanisms like in the movie. Use them to lure the dinosaurs to better viewing spots.

I am slightly concerned though that this is from Frontier. While Planet Coaster looks very impressive, it kinda seems like more work than I want to put in. I'm less interested in designing the janitors name tag and color coordinating his shoes and laces and more into making a big cool overall park.

SnakeEater321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luchalma:

I won't condone pirating on this site but I will tell you it will be very hard to track down and buy a legit copy for PC..shame it came out before Steam was even a thing. I think finding a PS2 or OG Xbox copy is damn near impossible/very expensive

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@seikenfreak said:

I am slightly concerned though that this is from Frontier. While Planet Coaster looks very impressive, it kinda seems like more work than I want to put in. I'm less interested in designing the janitors name tag and color coordinating his shoes and laces and more into making a big cool overall park.

If anything Planet Coaster is disappointingly shallow in aspects to me, but it has problems with things like modes as well so it's tough to pinpoint why I don't love it. Anyways, the game just has amazing creation features. You don't have to mess with that stuff at all if you don't want to and it isn't really too gameplay relevant.

I think it works well enough but for me it didn't do anything extra. They can make a quality management/builder type game though.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks mad. I hope it turns out well because Operation Genesis and the whole Dinosaur Tycoon genre is under used.

DeloC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've wanted a follow-up to Operation Genesis for so long. It was favorite game as a kid, can't wait to play this!

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never thought this game would happen. At least not as an actual game by a great developer like Frontier. When I heard this announcement I IMMEDIATELY thought it was a mobile game. Very pumped.

Avatar image for achillesforever
    achillesforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God first Age of Empires 4 gets announced then this? Finally my childhood dream games are catching up to me! I remember hoping for years that the game got a sequel, especially since the original had so much cut cool content and had dumb stuff in the base game that you had to fix by going into the files (ie getting rid of pop caps for stuff like fences)

SnakeEater321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SnakeEater321

6 months later, and were finally going to be seeing gameplay from youtubers on the 29th!
    Noted dinosaur related youtubers like BestInSlot and TheGamingBeaver got to play the game early at a Frontier/Universal event and they absolutely loved it and said it's everything we wanted it to be. Also Frontier has been releasing tiny tid bits in the form of Species Profiles every Friday that showcase the dinosaurs we'll be putting in our parks.
    Still so fucking excited, and we also got a release date from IGN. June 12th!!

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a fly in my gene soup.

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@a_e_martin: i really hope real jeff goldblum isn't a meanie. I just watched him in the Knot store in Portlandia and he's so funny. Hopefully he isn't condescending in this new game, although i suspect in genesis it was just a bad bit.

SnakeEater321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikemcn: Goldblum wasn't actually in Genesis, as were any of the other cast members. They were all imitated voices with the characters license, and Ian Malcolm was sadly missing from JPOG
    Also, Jeff Goldblum is the most wonderful person that ever was so I am very happy he'll be in Evolution

Game wise, I can't get over HOW GOOD the animations for the dinosaurs is. It's the best dinosaur animation I've ever seen in a video game, and I'm having a hard time thinking of any animal animation that comes close on that hand

SnakeEater321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

11 days away! Not sure if this is on anyone's radar but supposedly review copies have been sent out. BestInSlot is playing it on Steam. Will GB be doing a review and if so, West or East?
    Considering Abby loves management games and Dan loves Jurassic Park, I imagine East will get the honors.

I have a feeling this will be good.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y'all ready for this? Put my Steam purchase in today. Hoping its going to unlock at midnight.

I haven't seen any recent coverage of it, just the stuff from a couple months ago. After all these games to look at from the conferences but I've got nothing to actively play at the moment, I'm happy this is showing up when it is.

Avatar image for achillesforever
    achillesforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The reviews seem to say its shallow on the park management side, but fun in creating dinosaurs and letting them escape side of things, so yeah its basically an upscaled JPOG

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achillesforever: Well great. You've successfully killed my mojo for it lol You mentioned the poor reviews and I figured whatever. I liked JPOG, even recently. Then I went to look up a release time and found more people saying its getting bad reviews.. Then I watched a video review of someone who actually really enjoyed the game but was still saying its pretty bare bones..

.. and so I refunded my pre-order the same day I put it in lol Ugh I guess I should be happy to save the money for now and perhaps I'll pick it up when its like $20 and they've hopefully expanded it more but.. Now I've got nothing to play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.