Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hotline Miami

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 23, 2012

A top-down shooter game with an 80s aesthetic, a brutal style, and a thoughtful, slightly surreal philosophy underlying the story about the nature of violence.

The best launch trailer of the decade, in 2012.

ElectricViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#1  Edited By ElectricViking

I finally watched this clip, up on the official Hotline Miami website. I had to sit down and stop what I was doing for about five minutes to digest what I had just watched. I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it now. Holy shit.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HerbieBug

Now that is a kickass trailer! :D

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Sooperspy

Holy fuck. That trailer was amazing.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GERALTITUDE

This is maybe my favourite game of the year but I'm not into that trailer. Don't like the how much it wants to be Drive and those award wreaths.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By FancySoapsMan

@GERALTITUDE said:

This is maybe my favourite game of the year but I'm not into that trailer. Don't like the how much it wants to be Drive and those award wreaths.

Also I think it kinds of misses the point of the game by showing the character's face.

I like the other trailers a lot more.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By BBAlpert

That trailer is pretty good, but I think the "Wear Something Fancy" trailer captures the spirit of the game more. The rabbit mask trailer seems to imply that the protagonist is committing these acts of violence reluctantly in order to save someone, whereas "Wear Something Fancy" shows brutality for the sake of brutality. It also shows gameplay footage, even though it does seem to be from an earlier build of the game, where you play as a big fat guy instead of Ryan Gosling.

The "based on a true story" thing at the beginning is probably the most fucked up thing about the whole trailer.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Chummy8

Hotline Miami is just so dirty. I can't tell you how times I had to stop for a second to take in everything that just happened.

kornnugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kornnugget

Hotline Miami is my Game of the year. I think both trailers are in line with the stories of the game. This video is the best analysis of the game I have found and explains the stories better than I ever could. WARNING Do not watch the video unless you beat the game or don't mind spoilers.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10  Edited By galiant

@Kornnugget said:

Hotline Miami is my Game of the year. I think both trailers are in line with the stories of the game. This video is the best analysis of the game I have found and explains the stories better than I ever could. WARNING Do not watch the video unless you beat the game or don't mind spoilers.

That's interesting. Thanks for sharing!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By musubi

@Kornnugget said:

Thats a fantastic explanation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.