Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3: ODST

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Taking place during the events of Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST puts players in the shoes of a silent Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (known as the Rookie) as he traverses through the Covenant-occupied metropolis of New Mombasa to find the whereabouts of his missing squadmates.

Returned ODST

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

I returned ODST today. I was anxious because it was 2 days outside of the return threshold, but luckily, they accepted my excuse and gave me a credit. I'm surprised they accepted it - I was still half asleep after staying up until 3 am and my deception skills weren't honed ready to strike. 

But stay up 'til 3 am I did. I was going to call it enough after doing a second Firefight mission on Rally Point Night the night before for two and a half hours solo, but my friend persisted, telling me that we "could get the audiphile achievement in no time!" By no time, I think he really meant 4 hours. It was 11 pm when we started. To my knowledge we were simply going through the Mombassa streets and collecting all the audiophiles. However, the fact my friend conveniently left out was that we would have to complete ALL the campaign too in order to get the last one! 

Getting the files were pretty easy - well with him it was, since I could never find my way those damn blasted, night-time streets - all you have to do is look out for flashing sirens or phones ringing and go through all the sections until you have 29. The last one is in Data Hive. At the same time I got my Naughty Naughty achievement (mmm, overcharged plasmas are my friend!). I went on foot, which took forever, while he rode around on a mongoose. 

In the end we breezed through it, but the campaign took foreverrrrrrr! Well maybe it didn't, but I couldn't tell since I was drifting in and out of consciousness. Only the intermittent sound of "Wake up you douche!" beaming through my microphone keep me going until the end.I got the pleasure of collecting the last file however - 75 GS was well worth 4 hours. Considering I spend upwards of 5 hours on 20 GS, it was comparatively enjoyable. 

So now ODST is safely returned and I have around 300 GS extra locked away. With $56 credit, there's not too much else I can buy in the store, but it sure can help fund a newer game. Alan Wake, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout, Batman - so many titles to choose from, but none I can clearly see is the one for me. Any suggestions guys?

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

I returned ODST today. I was anxious because it was 2 days outside of the return threshold, but luckily, they accepted my excuse and gave me a credit. I'm surprised they accepted it - I was still half asleep after staying up until 3 am and my deception skills weren't honed ready to strike. 

But stay up 'til 3 am I did. I was going to call it enough after doing a second Firefight mission on Rally Point Night the night before for two and a half hours solo, but my friend persisted, telling me that we "could get the audiphile achievement in no time!" By no time, I think he really meant 4 hours. It was 11 pm when we started. To my knowledge we were simply going through the Mombassa streets and collecting all the audiophiles. However, the fact my friend conveniently left out was that we would have to complete ALL the campaign too in order to get the last one! 

Getting the files were pretty easy - well with him it was, since I could never find my way those damn blasted, night-time streets - all you have to do is look out for flashing sirens or phones ringing and go through all the sections until you have 29. The last one is in Data Hive. At the same time I got my Naughty Naughty achievement (mmm, overcharged plasmas are my friend!). I went on foot, which took forever, while he rode around on a mongoose. 

In the end we breezed through it, but the campaign took foreverrrrrrr! Well maybe it didn't, but I couldn't tell since I was drifting in and out of consciousness. Only the intermittent sound of "Wake up you douche!" beaming through my microphone keep me going until the end.I got the pleasure of collecting the last file however - 75 GS was well worth 4 hours. Considering I spend upwards of 5 hours on 20 GS, it was comparatively enjoyable. 

So now ODST is safely returned and I have around 300 GS extra locked away. With $56 credit, there's not too much else I can buy in the store, but it sure can help fund a newer game. Alan Wake, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout, Batman - so many titles to choose from, but none I can clearly see is the one for me. Any suggestions guys?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I don't get what you mean by "returned". Like you bought it, played it, and returned it? Cause we totally can't do that where I live.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By simian

I'm really enjoying Alan Wake but I'll admit that you might get more out of Batman: AA. Depends on what you're scheduale is right now I suppose. B:AA can take awhile especially if you're a completionist whereas Alan Wake's combat is a bit more ... Repetitive dare I say?
    I can't speak for RRD but I hear it can be extremely long (same with Fallout 3 which I still haven't finished) but maybe that's what you're looking for.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SpawnMan
    @JJWeatherman: Aw, that sucks! Yeah over here we can buy the game, play it for 7 days if it's new or 14 days if it's second hand, and then return it for no reason whatsoever for a full refund. I was two days out of this period however, so they just gave me a full store credit instead. Still an awesome deal though right? 

@simian: Yeah I love Oblivion-like games and open-ended gameplay. So is Fallout 3 any good? Or should I just wait for the new one? RDR might be good too then... OrI could just throw the chips down and go for Viva Piniata! ;D
    simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By simian
    @SpawnMan:  I couldn't get into Viva Pinata because of my perfectionist nature (though others seem to enjoy it).  I'd say go with Fallout 3 since it's the most open worldy especailly if you grab the DLC.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @SpawnMan: That's a good deal man. I wish it worked that way where I live.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.