Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3: ODST

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Taking place during the events of Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST puts players in the shoes of a silent Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (known as the Rookie) as he traverses through the Covenant-occupied metropolis of New Mombasa to find the whereabouts of his missing squadmates.

How will the multiplayer mappacks work with Halo3's achievements?

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By Forcen

I understand that all the multiplayer map pack will be included in the multiplayer part of Halo 3: ODST. But will it have separate achievements from Halo 3 or not? 

For example: I have Halo 3, and i haven't got any of the map packs except the free one. So i have been unable to get any of the Mythic or Legendary exclusive achievements. Like the 
    Vidmaster Challenge: Brainpan achievement which is one of the seven required achievements in Halo 3 and ODST for unlocking the Recon armor.

Will i be able to get that achievement using the multiplayer part in OSDT, or do i have to transfer over the map packs to Halo 3 somehow using the disc? Or worst scenario, do i have to buy the mappack separatly from ODST?

Please use the reply feature when replying to me, thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@Forcen:
    It's a seperate disc and links to Halo 3 and have everything you would have on Halo 3, file share e.t.c
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Forcen
    @Agent47CSim2: Oh, same achievement list also? Not a separate set with the same achievements?
    Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Fosssil

The achievements on the second disk link to the Halo 3 achievement list, so you'll be able to earn those Legendary/Mythic achievements that you don't have. The entire Halo 3 multiplayer mode is included with the maps on the second disk, so you won't have to download anything extra.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

The 2nd disc of ODST is the entire halo 3 online component and the every map pack released so far on xbox live, including the unreleased mythic part 2 map pack.

You can either load that disc *which should load the maps onto your system* and play the original halo 3, or play the multiplayer component on that disc and get said achievements, but some of the vidmaster achievements you need are obtainable only on coop halo 3 single player *I.E the vidmaster i believe*

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Forcen
    @Fosssil said:
    " The achievements on the second disk link to the Halo 3 achievement list, so you'll be able to earn those Legendary/Mythic achievements that you don't have. The entire Halo 3 multiplayer mode is included with the maps on the second disk, so you won't have to download anything extra. "
    Ok, thanks for clearing up. 

@WilliamRLBaker said:
    "but some of the vidmaster achievements you need are obtainable only on coop halo 3 single player *I.E the vidmaster i believe* "
    Yeah, i know. Already got that one.

Thanks people!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.