Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 10, 2007

The second episodic sequel to Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode Two follows usual protagonists Gordon Freeman and Alyx Vance on their oft-interrupted journey to White Forest, a resistance base. Rockets and gnomes abound in Valve's latest addition to the series.

The Case of the Disappearing Episode Two Achievement.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By BeachThunder

I replayed Half-Life 2: Episode 2 earlier this year, getting all the remaining achievements that I didn't get in my first playthrough. 

So to my surprise, when I was just looking through my Steam list I noticed that I only had 95% (21/22) of the achievements - it tells me I'm missing Neighbourhood Watch. I know that I definitely got all of the achievements in the game, including Neighbourhood Watch. 

So I decided to fire up Episode 2 and double check. Sure enough, in game it tells me I have 100% of the achievements, but on Steam it tells me I have 95%:

Not sure what I should do about this. 

Has anyone had this sort of thing happen before? Is there anything that can be done about it? Could this possibly have something to do with running the Steam Beta? =/
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'd never heard of this before but after a bit of Goggling I've discovered that there are quite a number of people who have run into this issue. It's by no means a recent thing, in fact this issue seems to have been around for quite a long time but unfortunately people seem to be saying that there isn't actually a fix for this and it's something Valve have to sort out on their end. I hope Valve do get this sorted out at some point because it seems to be a pretty major problem and it must be a bummer to run into it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.