Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero: Van Halen

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 22, 2009

The third band-specific Guitar Hero offering from Activision, Guitar Hero: Van Halen allows you to play as America's greatest hard rock band.

Realized that I can't review GH:Van Halen yet on here...

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

Edited By nukesniper

God damn. Don't get that game. Please people. I got mine free and don't like it. It is simply depressing to know that Activision thought that they could release a "NEW" Guitar Hero game on an engine and feature set that they stopped using in late June earlier this year.

Therefore, Guitar Hero: Van Halen is a game that has been deliberately released over six months after it should have been. If it had even a couple of the GH5 features it would at least be a decent damn game, but it does not. I played the songs I wanted to play, and, unlike Metallica, it is not fun or cool about how it handles itself. Heck GH:Metallica is not a good game anymore because the feature set at that time had so many problems with it.

Guitar Hero Van Halen is a disgrace upon a video game company, and I hope that it sells to some lost people in stores on the 21-24 of December. Then I hope that Activision permanently loses those customers for being so damn stupid about how they handled all of this.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By nukesniper

God damn. Don't get that game. Please people. I got mine free and don't like it. It is simply depressing to know that Activision thought that they could release a "NEW" Guitar Hero game on an engine and feature set that they stopped using in late June earlier this year.

Therefore, Guitar Hero: Van Halen is a game that has been deliberately released over six months after it should have been. If it had even a couple of the GH5 features it would at least be a decent damn game, but it does not. I played the songs I wanted to play, and, unlike Metallica, it is not fun or cool about how it handles itself. Heck GH:Metallica is not a good game anymore because the feature set at that time had so many problems with it.

Guitar Hero Van Halen is a disgrace upon a video game company, and I hope that it sells to some lost people in stores on the 21-24 of December. Then I hope that Activision permanently loses those customers for being so damn stupid about how they handled all of this.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By 71Ranchero

6 whole months? Good god, how can they sleep at night.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

I haven't even played the damn game but those are my thoughts exactly. They chose a band that really has not 2009 relevance (I like Van Halen but, come on, they are dated) and did an even shittier job at incorporating them into a game. The feature and layout is older and even Wolfgang is jumping around with them in the 80s. Totally nonsensical and a disgrace to the already saturated Guitar Hero franchise.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok

Tragedy. I really like Van Halen.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, it's pretty lame. They were very lazy with it, and it definitely shows. This is one game that no one should buy.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " I haven't even played the damn game but those are my thoughts exactly. They chose a band that really has not 2009 relevance (I like Van Halen but, come on, they are dated) and did an even shittier job at incorporating them into a game. The feature and layout is older and even Wolfgang is jumping around with them in the 80s. Totally nonsensical and a disgrace to the already saturated Guitar Hero franchise. "
    What do you mean by that?
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny: I mean that Van Halen is not a game that really appeals to many kids and its audience isn't really the gaming type. Metallica had its reasons: recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, Death Magnetic, growing, younger fanbase. Aerosmith is an arguable choice but their acceptance to license their songs to movies and video games definitely helped, along with the always-popular Rock and Roller Coaster in Disney World. And The Beatles are The Beatles. Van Halen hasn't made an album in years and doesn't really appeal to any group of people that would bring in real sales.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @RHCPfan24: Gotcha. Thinking about what you said, what the hell was the reason for a Green Day game? 
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Systech

Dude... we know.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny: I don't know...*looks to Jensonb*
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By natetodamax
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " @RHCPfan24: Gotcha. Thinking about what you said, what the hell was the reason for a Green Day game?  "
    Money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.