Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero: Metallica

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 29, 2009

Guitar Hero: Metallica is the second band-specific game in the Guitar Hero franchise. It features 28 songs from the world famous heavy-metal band Metallica, as well as 21 guest acts - picked by Metallica themselves.

Songs You Think Got Left Out

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'm not going to deny that the setlist for GH: Metallica is my favorite out of any GH game ever, but as a die-hard fan there are some songs I would've loved to see in the game, by Metallica and other artists. 

Metallica Tracks:
    -Bleeding Me: I'm probably one of only a few people who think this song is amazing, but damn it, they only chose one song from Load and it was the one everyone knew.
    -The Outlaw Torn: A near-11 minute epic from the Load album that would be oh so fun to play on a plastic guitar. It's too bad it didn't get a lot of exposure (pretty much the case with the entire Load album)
    -Harvester of Sorrow: One of the best songs off of ...And Justice for All, and it isn't in the game!!!!!! This is truly language of the mad!

Non-Metallica Tracks:

Once by Pearl Jam: I dunno if Metallica ever did a full-on tour with them, but they have played with them. Also, Once is just that good of a song.
    Any Misfits Song: The lyrical themes of the Misfits aren't exactly family-friendly, but if they were able to get a Slayer song in the game, then they sure as hell could've gotten a song by a band that HEAVILY influenced Metallica. Metallica has covered three of their songs, and yet the only remnant of the Misfits in the set list is the track "Mother of Mercy" by Samhain, Misfit's singer Glenn Danzig's short-lived side project.
    Holy Wars...The Punishment Due by Megadeth: Yeah, yeah, I know it'd never happen. But Holy Wars is an amazing fucking song, best song Megadeth has ever written. If only Harmonix had put out Rust in Peace instead of Peace Sells as full album DLC.....sigh.

So there you have it, what songs would you like to have seen in the GHM set list?

ledzep528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ledzep528

wow i thought that Harvester was in the game but after looking at the song list i was like "WHAT!" im surprised they didn't put it in the game

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

They missed Breadfan. That may be the biggest crime of all.

Timma1083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Timma1083

Any song by Megadeth and Anthrax. Why leave out two bands of the Big 4 Thrash bands? (I'd gladly take Caught in the Mosh and Tornado of Souls)

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Harvester of Sorrow and Damage Inc

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Shazam

Call of Ktulu. That is a fucking opus of epic portions and they left it out?? I was so incensed that I almost considered not buying this game but I couldn't resist Seek and Destroy with lead guitar action. Overall I'm quite happy with the song list, it's comprehensive and includes their biggest hits. Guess they can't make it commercial and pander to the hardcore fans at the same time?

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam said:
    "Call of Ktulu. That is a fucking opus of epic portions and they left it out?? I was so incensed that I almost considered not buying this game but I couldn't resist Seek and Destroy with lead guitar action. Overall I'm quite happy with the song list, it's comprehensive and includes their biggest hits. Guess they can't make it commercial and pander to the hardcore fans at the same time?
    "
    Yeah I was pissed that Ktulu was absent myself, but then I re-listened to Orion and realized that that song more than makes up for it.
    SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By SimpsonFan

Harvester

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By EvilDingo

@ Everyones_A_Critic:

What's with the Load-love? ;-)

Agree about Harvester... and agree about that particular Megadeth song too. Kind of sucks that the bands can't stand each other... well, Dave Mustang anyway - but he's pretty much Megadeth anyways.
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EvilDingo said:
    "@ Everyones_A_Critic:

"

I dunno honestly. Load just really struck a chord (no pun intended) with me except for that abomination known as Mama Said.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187

Actually, Everyone's...you hit the nail on the head with what I thought.  Bleeding Me and The Outlaw Torn feel like massive omissions, and of course....there's no ...And Justice for All on there.  Not including that song is a GLARING omission.

Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By breadfan
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "They missed Breadfan. That may be the biggest crime of all."
    I agree
    Nanten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Nanten

Whiskey in the Jar needed to be in this game.  The guitar part isn't insane or anything; the song is just awesome.

Crypto136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Crypto136
    EvilDingo said:
    "@ Everyones_A_Critic:

Agree about Harvester... and agree about that particular Megadeth song too. Kind of sucks that the bands can't stand each other... well, Dave Mustang anyway - but he's pretty much Megadeth anyways.
    "
    I have a serious question.Why does everyone hate load and reload?
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crypto136 said:
    "EvilDingo said:
    "@ Everyones_A_Critic:

"
    I have a serious question.Why does everyone hate load and reload?"

People love Reload?! This is news to me. That album's songs are so inconsistent in quality it's maddening. The Unforgiven II, Fuel, The Memory Remains, Low Man's Lyric, and Fixxxer are the only great songs on there, the rest are just bleh.
    vaultboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vaultboy
    Br3adfan said:
    "RHCPfan24 said:
    "They missed Breadfan. That may be the biggest crime of all."
    I agree"
    Thirded.
    ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By ObsideonDarman

Whiskey in the Jar definately needed to be in this Game, the original Thin Lizzy version which would make more sense seeing as Metallica covered it instead of just putting the Metallica version in it. 

Plus I think Escape from Ride the Lightning should have been in there because it is a very good Song yet I feel it is rather underated as a Metallica Song, would anyone agree with me?
    Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tally_Pants

Harvester of Sorrow 
    Justice for All 
    Whiskey in the Jar 
    Call of Ktulu

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.