Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 28, 2007

The fourth installment of the series (Guitar Hero: Rock the 80's being the 3rd) that single handedly revitalized the music-game genre, Guitar Hero III retains the core gameplay of its predecessors while delivering a more challenging experience.

This costs as much as a new game.

Hichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hichael

I never played Guitar Hero 3.

I would love to play it but it costs as much as a brand new game(Guitar and disc); It's been almost 5 years and the price has not gone down a whole lot. I buy 1 or 2 games every 6 months to a year and I was wondering if any of you had cheaper solutions for me? Also should I get a MadCatz guitar?

But seriously though,why does it cost so much? The game itself is about 7 dollars or so on amazon, but then the guitar itself is 50 bucks. I would imagine this game doesn't exactly sell very well especially after almost 5 years. I feel like I'm in a weird spot where the price for the guitars has gone up because of manufacturing.

Thanks.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By unsolvedparadox

That sounds abnormal, I've seen the guitar and game together for as low as $10 years ago (used)...

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By fox01313

Strange though out of all the GH games I've played, my favorite is still GH Metallica. Maybe look at the other GH games after 3 for the guitar controller cheaper then go after GH3 game disc without the controller.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I got that game, and a guitar for like $20 (new) a couple years ago. It was the PS3 version, so maybe that's why.

MayorFeedback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By MayorFeedback

Do yourself a favor and play Rock Band instead.

And guitars for both games can be found aplenty for next to nothing on Craigslist.

Avatar image for wobibrosfordape
    WobibrosfordApe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By WobibrosfordApe

Why GH3? I can't say it's a very good entry in the series. I guess the incredibly loose HOPOs make it a good starting point though?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous
    @WobibrosfordApe said:

Why GH3? I can't say it's a very good entry in the series. I guess the incredibly loose HOPOs make it a good starting point though?

Soundtrack, probably.
    Avatar image for wobibrosfordape
    WobibrosfordApe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By WobibrosfordApe

Go for Rock Band 3 than. All the soundtrack you could possibly want and cheap.

Hichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hichael

Ok cool thanks everyone. Currently scouring the internet looking for hot dealz and what not.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stinky

thinking of taking mine to goodwill, there will soon be a good deal on at least one copy of the game.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By NoobSauceG7

People prefer the GH3 guitar to most others and they are hard to find. I have like 3 GH3 guitars in my closet haha

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By laserbolts

It's crazy how the aftermath of this plastic guitar craze is closets everywhere with a few plastic guitars stuck up in the corner. I'm glad I didn't get the drums.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#13  Edited By lumley

As for as Guitar Hero games go Guitar Hero 2 is superior to Guitar Hero 3 (I partly say that as a Harmonix fanboy).

As for the hardware, I've tried out every guitar that they've released for these kinds of games and the Guitar Hero 3 controller is definitely the best wireless choice (although they don't last forever, everyone I know that had a guitar hero 3 controller had it break on them).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.