Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

The Lincolncast Episode 23: Great Expectations

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

The Lincolncast Episode 23: Great Expectations

Hey guys! For those who don't know, this is the Giant Bomb community's Guild Wars 2 podcast (made by our guild, Lincoln Force).

Back to something closer to normal, this episode we chat about the recent patch notes and round up our thoughts on the first month of GW2.

Also, subscribe to the show!

iTunes | RSS

Streaming Embed (audio only):

Show Notes

Intro music: "The Pentagon" by The Hamster Alliance

Featured Members: , , , &

Run time: 3:39:58

Topics for the week:

• Cynic and noob endorse goodreads.com, Dourin checked out RE6 and more in the first 40 mins of off-topic discussion.
    • We talk about the relatively disinteresting patch notes in news this week.
    • The main discussion kicks off - GW2 has been out for a month, has it met expectations? Where does the game need improvement?
    • Topics include the holy trinity, WuvWuv, class balance, custom matches in sPvP, guild management plus a mess of others.

Enjoy! Also, feel free to leave some criticism or feedback - TheLincolncast@gmail.com or @TheLincolncast on Twitter.

Subscription:

iTunes | RSS

Direct Download:

Podbean Direct Download

Mobile Site (for streaming):

Hosted by Podbean

Avatar image for halcyontwilight
    halcyontwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By halcyontwilight

Good episode! I would love to see Sookee make a guest appearance on the podcast, but doing so would probably add an hour of tangents to the podcast. In one of you future episodes, you guys should talk about class builds, and what you guys think the roles for different classes are in sPvP, Wuv Wuv, and explorable dungeons. Some discussion on class theorycrafting would be awesome.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@halcyonTwilight: Thanks!

I think that topic is a great idea - I've been thinking of doing something like that for a while, I may do it within the next couple of eps, if not next ep.

I'll see if Sookee's free.

ED: Okay, sookee's (tentatively) free for not the coming week's episode, but the week after, so consider your request granted assuming things work out. Classes, Builds and Gear - episode... 25.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@halcyonTwilight: Yo Halcyon

Just wanted to let you know that I don't have the time to record a Lincolncast ep this week (pretty big project from work)

We' may or may not be doing a short filler episode (organising it now) and I'll try my best to get something like what you requested done soon.

Avatar image for halcyontwilight
    halcyontwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By halcyontwilight

@selfconfessedcynic: No worries. I'm in no hurry, I just wanted to hear what all of your thoughts were on the various classes in the game. Gluck on your project, and hopefully we'll be hearing you on the next podcast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.