Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gravity Rush 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 18, 2017

A follow-up to one of Vita's most acclaimed original games.

Gravity Rush 2 Drops December 2

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BabyChooChoo

In case you missed the news, it was recently announced on the Playstation Blog that the sequel to the cult hit (it kinda was, right?), Gravity Rush, launches on December 2, 2016.

Preorders from select retailers will include a special white costume for Kat and a soundtrack with nine songs from the game.

No Caption Provided

Also, there's a new character joining Kat and the gang this time around named Angel:

No Caption Provided

The first new face to join the expansive world of Gravity Rush 2 is the mysterious guardian angel, who shows up to help Kat when she’s in a bind, quickly dispensing of a group of pesky Nevi enemies.

Angel is a superheroine with an aggressive and wild fighting style, and packs an overwhelming punch to her attacks. She also has a crystallization ability that helps her to regenerate health instantly.

On top of all that, they announced that there will be an anime that bridges the gap between the original and this game. Anyone else out there excited?

I'm bad at starting threads.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm really wondering how well the premise and mechanics will fare when expanded to a longer game. I'm about 2/3 through Gravity Rush Remastered and while I really think the gravity mechanics are neat, I can't imagine enjoying an experience that's longer than about 6-10 hours (even at that, it's starting to wear out its welcome).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Kinda peeved that this game is coming out in Europe a whopping 2 months after the US release date. I guess they need to send all those discs by ship over the atlantic.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@whitegreyblack: For me, it depends on how much they've improved the combat and side activities. If they can nail those, I don't think length will be a problem. Judging by the trailers, they seem to have made improvements to the combat (i.e. it seems like there's more to do than just spamming gravity kick over and over) so that just presumably leaves the side stuff. I'm hoping that if there are any side stories this time, that they're longer than 10 minutes. And I'm not quite sure how they can fix the challenges, but those need a huge improvement too in my opinion. Doing them when you first come across them can be somewhat difficult, but coming back an hour or two later after you've leveled a bit up just turns them into trivial chores.

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@humanity:What? According to the EU PS blog it's out on the 30th of November.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

First game is on sale right now on PSN wondering if I should grab it....

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought it was going to be sooner. Can't wait! I also hope they added some meat to the game

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@humanity:What? According to the EU PS blog it's out on the 30th of November.

Well GameSpot said "Sony has confirmed the Gravity Rush 2 release date as September 2 in North America, November 30 in Europe, and December 2 in UK." over HERE

But it wouldn't be the first time they were wrong about something I guess.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Great news! Out of all the amazing stuff coming out, the two things that have me the most excited are this and Let it Die. Come on Japan, don't fail me now!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.