Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

How was launch day for you?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pyrodactyl

There was a line of 20 people at 2:30 in the afternoon at my local EBgames... on a Tuesday. And I don't live in a big city or anything.

Was it that crazy at your local gamestore or big box retailer?

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I waited five minuted behind a mom trading in stuff for her son, bought the game and walked out. This was at 11 am though so maybe I beat the after school rush.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Confusing and depressing. First we were lied to about being able to pre-load the game up until the 11th hour, then I couldn't get my PS3 to come online and start the game download while I was at work, then I woke up to find a fully installed game surrounded by rumors that a fully installed PS3 copy of the game is in just as much trouble as the 360. Which were confirmed minutes later.

Everything since has been amazing though.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Rafaelfc

I waited until midnight (EST) had a minor heart attack when PSN decide to grace (chen) us with a 45 minute wait until it finally popped up on my download list. Hit download, went to bed. Woke up at around 10 am, and started stealing cars like a madman.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CaLe

Amazon sent it to me on Friday and I had it Saturday morning. I finished the game before launch day. 9.5 / 10. Trevor is amazing.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By endoworks

I just preordered on Amazon, so when I got home from work it was there. That really sucks if the download version of the game have poor performance.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I preordered in a store the day before, then went there on release day after work and simply picked it up. For big games that might sell out I'm pretty ok with pre-ordering.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KirillOrlov

Walked into a Wal-Mart at 5:30pm after work asked for a copy and got it. Got home opened it and had a Blimp code inside of it. I think I did pretty well for an impulse buy after the Quick Look.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

PIcked it up at Gamestop at midnight with a pretty big crowd present. Got home played for two hours. Went to bed. Woke up, and proceded to play for another ten hours.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I downloaded it, so it went pretty well.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By EarlessShrimp

I was surprised to see a line at the Gamestop I go to at noon on a tuesday, but it was there! Then, I got home and played it for the next 8.5 hours.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

I walked into walmart around 8:45 am, went up to the counter and asked for it, and was out at 8:46 am. I could tell I wasn't the first person to be there and, as I was leaving, I heard the cashier ask the next customer "Xbox or Playstation 3?"

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I had no problems picking up the game or playing it on PS3. The day itself sucked, but I've managed to reverse some of yesterday's suckage today.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teoball

There is a big electronics store here in Norway that usually buys a ton of any popular game and sells them for 200Kr(35$) less than anywhere else on launch day. I just walked in there at 11:00am and was out again 11:05am.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HerbieBug

I went to my local brick and mortar Futureshop, selected a copy from the shelf and also P4:Arena because I can't very well not buy that game eventually, went to counter and conducted the transaction, offended the cashier because I had my earplugs in and couldn't hear her when she asked me if I wanted a bag or not.

There were no lines and no scarcity of copies. This particular storefront is on the outskirts of the city and is never busy though, which is why I always buy games there.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By crusader8463

IT WAS TERRIBLE! I got up at noon on Tuesday, took an hour in the shower before heading out, stopped to get something to eat, and then when I walked into the electronics department they told me they were at the front in the customer support department for some strange reason. I then had to walk ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE FRONT OF THE STORE and wait a FULL 3 SECONDS in line for the lady at the cash register to reach behind her into a box that was literally brimming to the top with copies. Then the bitch had the audacity to ask me if I wanted it for PS3 or 360! I was ready to ask for a manager I was so upset, but I held my tongue.

I then spent the rest of the day playing it while eating junk food. The things we go through for this hobby.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lines weren't too bad but there were tons of people buying and leaving with a copy of the game. Far more PS3 preorders than 360 preorders for whatever reason. Don't know what it was like if you just picked it up off the shelf cause I picked up my preorder at customer support.

fuzzy510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Totally uneventful. Went to pick up my pre-ordered copy just after 10 AM at Gamestop, and waited behind about eight other people. In and out in about five minutes.

Outside of the guy behind the counter telling somebody on the phone that today was NOT the day to get trade-in values over the phone, there was nothing noteworthy about it whatsoever.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By stryker1121

Not bad - Short line at the local GameStop, inc 3 kids no older than 15 with no parent and/or guardian present. For shame! One of the kids chatted me up in the parking lot, asking what system I was on, etc. Then another kid, maybe 12, told me apropos of nothing to go to the medical marijuana store. I had no fucking idea what he was talking about. I'm assuming that's an in-game thing, cuz my state doesn't have medical marijuana stores.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Walked into the store at 11 am, found a copy and walked out five minutes later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.