Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gran Turismo

Franchise »

The Real Driving Simulator (in the comfort of your own home)

Polyphony Digital is consider bringing this franchise to the PC gaming platform

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Dear motorsport fans

Here is an article from GTPlanet that I just saw recently so I would like to see you guys share your thoughts on this.

Polyphony Digital is “Considering” Releasing Gran Turismo on PC – GTPlanet

My short personal thoughts:
    I really hope Polyphony Digital will develop a spin-off installment for PC to focus on the proper hardcore Sim Racing in terms of the driving model (Same class as Assetto Corsa Competizione, iRacing, etc) so the players could feel a more realistic driving experience with a nostalgic feel from the previous installments like career mode, soundtrack, etc.

Oh, for the Gran Turismo 7, I want the PlayStation console version to be drastically fixed before they can port it to the PC so every car lover can enjoy it properly.

Edit: Comparing a high-end gaming PC to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X console in terms of specs is like comparing a Formula 1 car to the two GT class cars (GT3 & GTE respectively).

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That makes sense. It would do well on PC.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I forgot this wasn't actually announced, i just assumed the "insider leak" was true, plans can always change but it's all come true so far.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point, I expect basically every first party Sony game to get a PC port within 2 or 3 years of the console release.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GTxForza
    @judaspete said:

That makes sense. It would do well on PC.

Yep, PC is a perfect platform for photo-realistic racing games.

@cikame said:

I forgot this wasn't actually announced, I just assumed the "insider leak" was true, plans can always change but it's all come true so far.

I hope you will love Gran Turismo on PC since you really love the Forza Motorsport series plus these two racing game IPs are both born to be accessible to controller pad users.

@ll_exile_ll said:

At this point, I expect basically every first-party Sony game to get a PC port within 2 or 3 years of the console release.

Also, don't forget that from one video game generation to one another, they get more expensive in terms of development cost so that's why Sony Interactive Entertainment allow their developers to port whichever PlayStation 1st party game to PC in order to earn more money before they can start on developing their next respective projects (Either a new IP or a new installment for one of the existing IPs) for console, then PC.

Edit: I'm expecting both GT7 & Forza Motorsport Reboot on PC will have awesome ultra widescreen and triple monitor support.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GTxForza

I hope both PC versions of Gran Turismo 7 and Forza Motorsport Reboot, will sell about 15 to 30 million digital copies, then Polyphony Digital and Turn 10 both will earn several millions of dollars and their development for their respective future installments will be even better!

Edit: Sorry that I had to repost as I accidentally deleted it.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sorry but this is such conjecture

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

With Gran Turismo being one of there best selling titles it is basically guaranteed. I would be kinda shocked if this isn't already being worked on and this is just the marketing team telling him to shut up till they get everything in order. And maybe some technical things with how locked down they keep Gran Turismo in terms of modding and such even on console. I still wont buy it because the always online nature of GT7 till its dirt cheap, but they would be leaving a good chunk of money on the table not putting this out on PC.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Gran Turismo being one of there best selling titles it is basically guaranteed. I would be kinda shocked if this isn't already being worked on and this is just the marketing team telling him to shut up till they get everything in order. And maybe some technical things with how locked down they keep Gran Turismo in terms of modding and such even on console. I still wont buy it because the always online nature of GT7 till its dirt cheap, but they would be leaving a good chunk of money on the table not putting this out on PC.

Yeah, GT7 feels more like an MMO Simcade game rather than a traditional single-player Simcade racing game.

Anyway if you wish to buy this game either on a PlayStation console or PC, I hope you will like it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.