Brian3dw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Brian3dw

Hey Bombers and Bombardiers!

After hearing the podcast today, I decided to take another look at Frog Fractions. I still haven't played the game but I got interested in the sequel...

I decided to see who the guy was behind Frog Fractions because I've never really had an interest in the original.

Here is his last update to Kickstarter:

Update #10

Apr 1 2015

Making Frog Fractions

0 Comments

3 likes

The documentary "Making Frog Fractions" is now available on the Frog Fractions download page, for backers at the $40 level and up. It is under the "eBooks" platform.

If you don't know about your download page, you can retrieve it here. If that doesn't work for you, or you can't find it, send me a Kickstarter message! Also look on the "eBooks" tab first because that's where the documentary is.

The documentary pack consists of a commentated playthrough, an art book, the FF1 source code, and a set of historical builds of FF1 showing the progress of development over time.

Please don't distribute any of these items, but do distribute (for free) things you made using them, such as let's-play videos of the historical builds, or Frog Fractions Ultimate Edition to which you added a bunch of additional secrets.

Also remember to press the button to select the "eBooks" platform!

-Jim

https://goo.gl/U3hWS5

OK, so now I see 3 strong implications of something for the backers being an eBook... a documentary? So that makes the red-haring even more blatant. It was also posted on April 1st... just to be even more mysterious.

Next up I start searching for the eBook and come across this YouTube channel (https://goo.gl/RVZC6Y). This stood out because of ePub,eBook, PDF titles like "Frog Where Are You. Each of the videos suggested I follow the link in the description to find out more.

None of the links work and there is no business listed on the channel anywhere. All the videos were posted 1 week ago as well.

One of Jim's latest Tweet:

Jim Crawford ‏@mogwai_poet Jun 27

Since nobody actually has VR, one way to get folks excited about your cool game is render it as two side-by-side fisheye-distorted squares.

I found this game (http://goo.gl/6tjP0n) on Steam as well. It's a virtual Audio book? But I hit a dead end... Anyway, that was the most fun I had since finishing Bloodborn and MGS V last year. Thanks Jim.

SumMexican75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I wonder how deep is this rabbit hole.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

With all due respect, there's probably a Frog Fractions 2 subreddit that is constantly finding some new bullshit that they could construe to secretly be Frog Fractions 2 related, but godspeed on your quest.

ColossalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian3dw: All of the videos on that channel link to a super shady site called "Tzar Media" that seems to be out to scam people. I think we can safely rule out all possibilities that it is Frog Fractions 2.

On a more positive note, there is a Frog Fractions 2 ARG that has been running since March 2014. The progress that people are making can be tracked in this forum thread.

Justin McElroy summed up the progress through December of last year in this Polygon article.

OCT. 2015

A Frog Fractions 2 writer using the Twitter handle @LordHuffnPuff tweets out a few vague hints that connects his account to the metagame before tweeting about a Super Mario Maker level he had created. Believe it or not, Unfiction posters chase even this obscure of a white rabbit and are rewarded for the effort. Spelled out in coins in the middle of the level.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i loved the bombcast idea of him releasing frog fractions 3 in a normal fashion so we know it's out there.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this looking for clues about Frog Fractions 2 ... is the actual Frog Fractions 2

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'm always puzzled by their continued excitement or interest in this. It was a neat gimmick but ultimately is it worth all the attention?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Yeah I don't get it myself. Frog Fractions can't really be replicated because of the nature of it. In fact, it ruined that idea of subverting what you think you're getting because now everything that does something similar like say Soda Drinker Pro just makes people ask "Is this actually Frog Fractions 2?"

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: It's worth the attention if only because it was a kickstarted game where the creator said "I won't tell you I released it until you find out what it is" essentially screwing his backers over until somebody finds out the truth. Over time the question becomes less "Is this Frog Fractions 2?" and more "Did this become another Kickstarter scam?"

But I bet most of the backers backed the Kickstarter knowing how weird its development might be.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By forteexe21

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.