Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forza Motorsport 7

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 03, 2017

Forza is back and in 4K.

Forza 7: Is it fun for someone that's pretty casually into sim racing?

JaceTwice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello Giant Bomb. I've been torn on this game after seeing the quick look because I was super set on getting it for my dad for Christmas this year. I'm curious if anyone here that's been playing it for a while can shed some light on if the car unlocking/limited tracks/lootbox situatuion really tanks the game or can it still be enjoyed even with the limitations?

My dad dosen't have a lot of time for videogames at the moment but has enjoyed Gran Turismo 3, 4, and 6 in the past. I know the 1940's race cars are something he'd love and is a side of racing history rarely represented in videogames. I think he would be ok with the slow car unlocking as well. Previous experience with Gran Turismo has him accustomed to a slower progression and just buying new cars rather than tuning them to excess. However, it's the lootboxes and mods cards I'm a little worried about. He's not a big gamer so some of those systems might frustrate him if they're overly prevalent.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By pweidman

It's very good and you can adjust the difficulty several different ways. There is no "loot box situation" really. You can spend cash(or will eventually, as they weren't even in the game when I played last), but it's just to speed things along, not necessary at all, just an option. You'll earn credits in game every day playing or not(drivatar credits and Forza's website's weekly bonuses). Those credits can buy whatever you want or need, cards and cars included. There are more real world racetracks than ever and a few others; best selection of racing locations they've ever offered, let alone more cars than ever. If your Pop loves cars he'll be in heaven, they are simply stunning models inside and out. He can start with max assists and adjust from there as he get familiar. Highly recommend the game for a real world race enthusiast duder.

sikdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can adjust the driving to be as easy or difficult as you want. The loot boxes are a bit of a grind but what else would you use the in game currency for anyways? I'd recommend it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yes. The core driving feels better than it has ever been.

JaceTwice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome! Thanks for the replies and easing my worries. I had the feeling it'd be good for him but I juuust wanted to make absolutely sure I wasn't missing something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.