THQ Nordic hires TimeSplitters co-creator to work on franchise return

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Title shamelessly ripped straight from the Eurogamer article.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-08-14-thq-nordic-hires-timesplitters-co-creator-to-work-on-franchise-return

There's not much to go on yet. Literally one paragraph in the press release:

"Last year Deep Silver acquired the much-loved TimeSplitters IP. We’re delighted to announce that one of the series’ creators, Steve Ellis, has joined us to help plot the future course for this franchise."

I have no idea what a new entry in the series would be in this day and age, but I still have a whoooole bunch of fond memories of the first two games.

Would love to see them remastered, with a bigger level editor or something.

How about y'all? Any excitement?

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Sure, Timesplitters should be a thing. To be fair, the brunt of the excitement happened back when it was announced that they bought the Timesplitters licence. But it's always nice to see that they're able to get the actual people that have already been involved with the licence to work on the next iteration.

the_devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved the old Timesplitters games. I had been wanting a new game for a long time. It has been long enough now that I am less optimistic, but hopefully they can make a good new Timesplitters.

fauxical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By fauxical

I loved the first two and I think I rented the third which if I remember right came out in 2005 and maybe was decent? People have been clamoring for over a decade for a new game but in recent years I can't think of many or a single time people brought up the demand for a new game whether on forums or podcasts.

Personally, I would love to see the first two or three games remastered and the multiplayer obviously reworked for modern day services as well.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Dug Goldeneye and Perfect Dark quite a bit. Never made the jump to Timesplitters, though.

I fell out of games for a few years. When I came back, console campaign shooters not named Halo seemed like a waste of time.

Always cool to hear about a franchise coming back, though, especially with one of the original creators involved.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Casepb

Played the third game a ton on GC. I remember every friday night we played Future Perfect and SSBM. I also had the 2nd game and it was cool, but I think I just beat it one time (the controls were awful). I'm looking forward to a new game.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@fauxical said:

Personally, I would love to see the first two or three games remastered and the multiplayer obviously reworked for modern day services as well.

Yeah i'd like that, i've only played the second game and enjoyed it quite a bit. But mainly I just want to see whatever THQ Nordic decides to call the remasters, Timemastered..? Untimely...?!

I dont know i'm bad at naming things.

This is a bit off-topic but I hope they finish the Darksiders games. I need a damn conclusion to the first game. I dont need or even want it to be in the style of the first game, it could be a Four Swords style game for all I care. I just dont want the franchise to fizzle out again before that happens.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

This is the one where you can have a bunch of monkeys duke it over a suit case of money in a multiplayer match, right?

I definitely wanna see that with modern graphics and physics. ?