Supraland: 6 Inches Under is the 17th selection yr 2 of the UUGPGC! Finish by August 28, 2023! Spoilers open

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates

EDIT: SPOILERS ARE NOW OPEN!

Welcome to the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club. Our 17th game of 2023 is Supraland: 6 Inches Under. The target completion date is August 28, 2023.

We ask that until that date you use the forum software to mark any spoilers, either story based or mechanical, in the discussion below. Ideally the bulk of the discussion will occur after August 28, but if you want to comment before then you are welcome to so long as the spoilers are marked. We ask that if you leave a comment before that date you also come back to the thread after it to read other people’s comments and respond to them, though of course we cannot force you to do so.

All are welcome to participate regardless of whether you have stated a preference to or not and there is absolutely no commitment. You do not have to finish the game to participate but please let us know if you have not.

You are also free to come back any time after the completion date and share your thoughts! This club is meant to be open to all whenever you want to join in the fun!

You can find out more about the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club or suggest future games for it here.

What is Supraland: 6 Inches Under?

Supraland: 6 Inches Under is a 3D first person puzzle exploration game with a "tiny society" concept. It is the sequel to Supraland.

How long is Supraland: 6 Inches Under?

How long to beat lists it as 8.5 hours long.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Maybe this will date me, but what is "Supraland" or the Supraland universe? It seems this is not a one-off thing but I have no idea what the context is for this game.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: I am shocked and appalled that you, a person associated with a video game site, do not know the deep and essential lore of the long running and super important Supraland series. You waste your time on properties nobody cares about like Final Fantasy while ignoring the stuff that really matters!

As far as I know it's just two games, and they're sort of like an Army Men little people living in our world, which is huge to them, kind of thing. First person puzzle based exploration games. But the people are red and not green! And don't have weapons. THQ (rip) would be appalled!

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

@zombiepie: The first Supraland surprised the hell out of me when I played it. I got it in a Humble Bundle, and had no idea what it was when I went into it. The people inhabiting the world are like Play-Doh people looking like your stereotypical "bathroom-sign" person. You play one from the red faction, the blue faction are the bad ones. You live in a sandbox, which is huge because you are tiny.

Will spoiler the rest as it is more about the mechanics, which largely translates over to the second game.

The gameplay is what surprised me. It's like a mix between Zelda, Portal and it's an open world Metroidvania. It's really fun to explore, and every new power or item you get changes how you play. You start off just jumping around, but at the end you can basically break the game (which is intentional) by using your new powers.

The quests are fun, I liked the humor and the sense of exploration is really great.

All that said, I liked the first one way better than the second and I am not sure why. Also, there is a third on the way that I did not know about, so thanks a lot having to put another game on my wishlist!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoilers are now open so let's have a super discussion of Supraland!